[Commlist] Full-Time, renewable Lecturer position in Film and Media Studies at Tufts University

Sat Oct 29 12:10:39 GMT 2022

The Film and Media Studies Program at Tufts University invites applications for a Full-Time Lecturer in Film and Media Studies to begin September 1, 2023. The successful applicant will hold a Ph.D (ABD possible if close to defense) in film and/or media studies or a related field, and will teach a number of our core and introductory courses (Art of the Moving Image, Film or Media theory and history) as well as intermediary and upper-level courses in their area(s) of expertise.

We welcome applicants specializing in a variety of areas within Film and Media Studies from a liberal arts perspective. These include (but are not limited to): film and/or media theory and/or history; digital media; sound; platform studies; audience research; international, indigenous and regional film and/or media; independent film and/or media; industry studies, etc.

Priority will be given to applicants who reflect our commitment to the values of diversity, inclusion, equality and justice (DEIJ). To this end, we are especially interested in candidates working in the areas of under-represented film and/or media including (but not limited to) BIPOC, queer and/or feminist film and/or media.  In addition to teaching, the successful candidate will advise undergraduate students, participate in undergraduate students’ directed studies and honor thesis projects, and contribute to the cultural and community life of our large and vibrant interdisciplinary program and school. The ideal candidate is someone who enjoys working closely with undergraduate students and possesses an ability to explain film and/or media studies to students with a range of educational backgrounds, levels and interests. Full-time Lecturers at Tufts are full faculty members and contribute to our teaching, academic advising, and service missions. They are also eligible for advancement and promotion.

The position entails teaching three undergraduate courses or their equivalent in the fall, three undergraduate courses or the equivalent in the spring, advising undergraduate students, and performing service for the Film and Media Studies Program and School. This position is for a 2-year initial contract with possibility of renewal.  Upon joining our faculty, the successful candidate will be a member of the Full-Time Lecturer Bargaining Unit in the School of Arts and Sciences (Service Employees International Union Local 509).

Application Instructions
Provide a letter of application, a CV, a teaching statement, a writing sample, teaching evaluations, and three current confidential letters of recommendation sent directly by their authors. All materials must be submitted to apply.interfolio.com/115029 <http://apply.interfolio.com/115029>. Review of application will begin January 6, 2023 and will continue until the position is filled.

For questions please contact (FMS /at/ tufts.edu) <mailto:(FMS /at/ tufts.edu)>.

All offers of employment are contingent upon the completion of a background check and meeting the University’s current COVID-19 vaccination requirements.

Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Tufts University, founded in 1852, prioritizes quality teaching, highly competitive basic and applied research, and a commitment to active citizenship locally, regionally, and globally. Tufts University has also committed to becoming an anti-racist institution and prides itself on the continuous improvement of diversity, equity and inclusion work. Current and prospective employees of the university are expected to have and continuously develop skill in, and disposition for, positively engaging with a diverse population of faculty, staff, and students.

Tufts University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to increasing the diversity of our faculty and staff and fostering their success when hired. Members of underrepresented groups are welcome and strongly encouraged to apply. See the University’s Non-Discrimination statement and policy here https://oeo.tufts.edu/policies-procedures/non-discrimination/ <https://oeo.tufts.edu/policies-procedures/non-discrimination/>. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling the Office of Equal Opportunity (OEO) at 617-627-3298 or at (oeo /at/ tufts.edu) <mailto:(oeo /at/ tufts.edu)>. Applicants can learn more about requesting reasonable accommodations at https://oeo.tufts.edu/ <https://oeo.tufts.edu/>