[Commlist] Halloween Roundup from Liverpool University Press

Wed Oct 26 21:33:18 GMT 2022

Halloween Roundup from Liverpool University Press//

Liverpool University Press is pleased share the fruits of our Halloween Roundup for 2022, featuring selected articles from our journals, /Extrapolation/ and /Science Fiction Film and Television/ (SFFTV) as well as our Halloween reading list of titles from our Auteur collection.

To recommend a subscription to/Extrapolation/ or /Science Fiction Film and Television/ (SFFTV)//to your library, please use our email template to contact your librarian <mailto:?subject=Could%20we%20please%20consider%20this%20Journal%20for%20our%20Library?&body=Title:.%20SSFTV%20or%20Extrapolation%20%0DURL:%20https://www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk>.

*_Featured Articles from /Extrapolation/_*

//

*/RHIZOMATIC HORROR/*

/ANDREW WENAUS/

*/"WE ARE THE WALKING DEAD": RACE, TIME, AND SURVIVAL IN ZOMBIE NARRATIVE/*

/GERRY CANAVAN/

*/GHOST DANCES ON SILVER SCREENS/*

/ANDREA HAIRSTON/

*_Featured Articles from /Science Fiction Film and Television/ (SSFTV)_*

*/DIGITAL ANXIETY AND THE NEW VERITÉ HORROR AND SF FILM /*/(Free to read)**/

/BARRY GRANT/ //

//

*/THE SUBURBAN FANTASTIC /*/(Free to read)**/

/ANGUS MCFADZEAN/

//

*/ORPHAN BLACK AS PROTEST /*

/EVERETT HAMNER | PRISCILLA WALD | SHERRYL VINT | NATHANIEL COMFORT | REBEKAH SHELDON | DAVID M. HIGGINS | REBECCA WILBANKS | JENNIFER L. LIEBERMAN | KIRSTEN DILLENDER/

//

*Halloween Reading List:*

To get you in the mood for ghouls, ghosts and good readings, senior commissioning editor John Atkinson has compiled a list of his spookiest choices from our Auteur range <https://www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/>. Many of these books are part of our Devil’s Advocates series <https://www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/>, which fearlessly explore the classics of horror cinema with critical rigour.

You can read the full list of titles via the LUP blog here <https://liverpooluniversitypress.blog/2022/10/24/halloween-2022-reading/>.