[Commlist] Makings Journal: New Issue on 'Disruption'

Tue Oct 25 21:17:41 GMT 2022

We are excited to announce the release of the new issue of /Makings/, an open-access, peer-reviewed journal on the cultural and creative industries. The contributions to this issue address the theme of ‘Disruption’.

A big thank you to our contributors and peer reviewers, and we hope you enjoy the issue!

Editorial <https://makingsjournal.com/editorial-disruption-issue/>
Kateryna Sivak and Vincent Obia

Working with(in) Disruption: Remembering the Tensions in Pre-Covid Media Production Education <https://makingsjournal.com/working-within-disruption/>
Dafydd Sills-Jones, Rufus McEwan, Anna Jackson

“It’s Like Trying to Crawl Up a Helter-Skelter”: Amplification of Precarity in Creative Labour by Austerity Measures and the UK Welfare System <https://makingsjournal.com/its-like-trying-to-crawl-up-a-helter-skelter/>
Laura Parsons

The Im/Possibilities of Digitizing Caribbean Carnival <https://makingsjournal.com/digitizing-caribbean-carnival/>
Maica Gugolati, Hanna Klien-Thomas

Building Back Better?: The Possibilities of Change and Role of the Union for the UK Film and Television Costume Workforce <https://makingsjournal.com/building-back-better/>
Tiffany Bale

Press Pause: Distracted Spectatorship in the Streaming Era <https://makingsjournal.com/press-pause/>
Leona Heimfeld

/It's Us!/: Embracing Disruption through Feminist Approaches to Video Editing <https://makingsjournal.com/its-us/>
Sophie Swoffer

Recycle Archaeology: Community Reuse of Archaeological Disposals <https://makingsjournal.com/recycle-archaeology/>
Marley Treloar

“Lead on, Spirit!”: The Potential of the Spectral Metaphor in 21st Century Heritage <https://makingsjournal.com/lead-on-spirit/>
Ellen Lillywhite

The next issue is already under way, but the journal remains open to submissions – both standard scholarly articles and /Studio /pieces – that are situated within the cultural and creative industries’ research. Please visit our website<https://makingsjournal.com/>for more details on the journal’s focus and contributor guidelines.