[Commlist] PhD admissions in Critical Information Studies at Yale American Studies

Thu Oct 20 21:08:37 GMT 2022

The American Studies program at Yale University recruits its next cohort of PhD students. Adding to our strengths in history, politics, and questions of race and gender in American Studies with a _transnational_ lens, we can now supervise in areas related to critical information studies.

New areas of supervision include platforms studies, digital labor, critical data studies, artificial intelligence and society, digital warfare, and migration and technology.

Some points about the PhD program:

  * The program is fully funded for all students for six years. Our
    yearly stipend was US$38,300 (~US$3,200 per month) in 2022-23.
  * International candidates are considered equal to local candidates
    for admission. We don't have quotas or fewer funding opportunities
    for them.
  * No GRE is required.
  * Our US$105 application fee can be waived for candidates documenting
    financial hardship, including international applicants.
  * The application deadline for American Studies is December 15, 2022.

For more information about the program visit: https://americanstudies.yale.edu/graduate-program <https://americanstudies.yale.edu/graduate-program>

For information about admissions: https://gsas.yale.edu/admissions/degree-program-application-process <https://gsas.yale.edu/admissions/degree-program-application-process>