[Commlist] Vacancy: CEO for Learning on Screen

Tue Sep 27 06:46:44 GMT 2022

Learning on Screen is looking to fill the vacancy of Chief Executive Officer. Please read on for further information about this opportunity and how to apply:

The Role

The Chief Executive will provide strong leadership and direction for Learning on Screen, build on its achievements to date and shape and develop the organisation for the future. The Chief Executive will work closely with the Board (mainly elected by and from the membership) to ensure the organisation achieves its vision, mission, charitable objects, and strategic aims.

Learning on Screen is a membership organisation and educational charity offering audiovisual content, context, and support for the UKFHE sector. We were formed in 1948 and we provide unique user-focused scholarly resources to universities and colleges, including BoB (Box of Broadcasts). 94% of UK HE students have access to our resources.

Our vision is “To make moving image and sound as important in education and research as the written word.”

Who We Are Looking For

Our current Chief Executive is leaving after 9 years. We are seeking a Chief Executive who can maximise diverse opportunities whilst also leading the organisation through a range of challenges. The successful candidate will be capable of leading a charitable membership organisation utilising an appropriate blend of leadership, strategic and organisational skills. Experience of building diverse income streams is vital.

The successful candidate will be a creative, dynamic, and communicative leader who has vision and credibility and is capable of winning trust.

Terms of Appointment

Reports to:  Chair of Learning on Screen
Location:  based at office in London with scope for hybrid working
Time commitment:  4 days (80%)
Salary:  £70,000 FTE (pro-rata 80%)
Holiday entitlement:  25 days plus bank holidays FTE (pro-rata 80%)

HOW TO APPLY:

Please visit our website <https://learningonscreen.ac.uk/about/vacancies/> to see the application document and apply by CV with a covering letter clearly outlining how your knowledge and understanding, experience, skills and abilities match our person specification as detailed in the document.

Send applications to (ceo /at/ learningonscreen.ac.uk) <mailto:(ceo /at/ learningonscreen.ac.uk)>
Closing date is 5pm on 21st October 2022
First round interviews in London on 10th November 2022
Second round interviews in London on 17th November 2022