[Commlist] 4 positions School of Information, University of Texas at Austin

Mon Sep 12 17:36:51 GMT 2022

      iSchool Tenure-Track Faculty Positions in Austin

The School of Information at the University of Texas at Austin invites applications for four tenure-track Assistant Professor positions <https://apply.interfolio.com/111313> to start in Fall 2023:

Candidates will be expected to conduct research and teach at both the graduate and undergraduate levels. The candidates should have expertise in at least one of the iSchool’s concentrations in our new undergraduate Informatics degree program <https://www.ischool.utexas.edu/programs/informatics/curriculum> which has allowed us to engage in a significant expansion of our faculty in the coming years:

  * Cultural Heritage Informatics
  * Health Informatics
  * Human-Centered Data Science
  * Social Informatics
  * Social Justice Informatics
  * User Experience (UX) Design

We are particularly interested in information scholars who have expertise that spans more than one concentration or focuses on the intersections of these concentrations. Successful candidates will address the human and/or societal implications of information and technology. Candidates focused on human-centered design and use of information technology for human benefit, social good, and/or social justice in local and global contexts will fit well within the culture of our school and are particularly encouraged to apply.

*Application Instructions*
Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. Applications received by *Monday, October 3, 2022* will get prioritized consideration. Please apply via Interfolio's Faculty Search <https://apply.interfolio.com/111313> solution. If you do not have a Dossier account with Interfolio, you will be prompted to create a free account prior to applying for the position. Questions about these positions may be sent to (facultysearch /at/ ischool.utexas.edu) <mailto:(facultysearch /at/ ischool.utexas.edu)> or to the search committee chairs.