[Commlist] call for papers, Chinese DiGRA 2022

Tue Sep 06 14:53:49 GMT 2022

We are pleased to announce this year’s Chinese DiGRA conference, hosted by the School of Cultural Technology of Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University on the 26th and 27th of November 2022. This year’s Chinese DiGRA is a fully online event. Accepted papers will be pre-recorded as videos and live panels and paper discussions held online live on Zhumu/Zoom.

We invite submissions on any aspect of Chinese games, game industries, game design and gaming cultures. We also invite submissions from people located in the Chinese-speaking region who are researching any aspect of games. The conference encourages papers from students and early career researchers. We also welcome papers as well as demos from game industry workers.

The Chinese DiGRA conference facilitates networking amongst game scholars working in the Chinese-speaking region. Therefore, apart from the above topics we also encourage submissions from scholars located in the Chinese-speaking region working on any aspect of game research.

Keynote Speaker: TBA

Format

  * Submissions can be in English or Chinese.
  * Please submit a maximum 350-word (or 600-character) abstract.

Important dates

October 2nd: Deadline for submissions.

October 17th: Decisions announced. Presenters receive additional practical information on how to record and submit their presentations (we recommend PowerPoint with voiceover or the free and open software OBS [Open Broadcast Software]).

October 18th: Conference registration opens.

November 7th: To facilitate subtitling, we ask all presenters to send us a video (or a PowerPoint presentation with voiceover) and transcript of their presentation in advance. We will translate and subtitle the video/PPT with voiceover. The recorded videos will be made available to the conference attendees shortly before and during the conference, followed by live Q&A sessions.

November 26th and 27th: Conference.

Submissions

Please email a pdf version of a maximum 350-word/600 character (excluding references) abstract no later than October 2nd, 2022 to:

(Gabriele.Aroni /at/ xjtlu.edu.cn)<mailto:(Gabriele.Aroni /at/ xjtlu.edu.cn) <mailto:(Gabriele.Aroni /at/ xjtlu.edu.cn)%3cmailto:(Gabriele.Aroni /at/ xjtlu.edu.cn)>>

Please make sure to include ‘CDiGRA2022 Submission’ in the subject line of your message.

Abstracts will be selected by conference and program chairs based on their academic rigour and relevance to the themes of the conference. Note that the abstracts do not need to be anonymous. Notifications of acceptance will be sent by October 17th. Accepted authors will have an opportunity to submit their extended abstracts for inclusion in the DiGRA Digital Library. For questions regarding paper submission and the topics of the conference, or questions on the conference, please contact (Gabriele.Aroni /at/ xjtlu.edu.cn)<mailto:(Gabriele.Aroni /at/ xjtlu.edu.cn) <mailto:(Gabriele.Aroni /at/ xjtlu.edu.cn)%3cmailto:(Gabriele.Aroni /at/ xjtlu.edu.cn)>>.

About Chinese DiGRA

Chinese DiGRA (中华电子游戏研究协会​ /​ 中華數位遊戲研究協會)is a regional chapter of DiGRA (Digital Games Research Association) focusing on game research relevant to Chinese speaking countries and the surrounding regions. Chinese DiGRA aims to enhance the quality, quantity, and international profile of games research in the Chinese-speaking context, by developing a network of game scholars and researchers working in the Chinese-speaking world and/or on aspects of Chinese games and gaming cultures, forging links between academic and professional researchers on games, supporting teaching and PhD development in the region, and disseminating and promoting Chinese game scholarship around the world. Chinese DiGRA is run by a board comprised of top academics in the fields of Chinese games research from Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan. You can find more information on Chinese DiGRA, including papers from previous conferences, at our website www.chinesedigra.org<http://www.chinesedigra.org <http://www.chinesedigra.org%3chttp:/www.chinesedigra.org>>.

Organizing Committee:

Dr Gabriele Aroni, Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University, School of Cultural Technology

Zhonghao Chen, Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University, School of Cultural Technology