[Commlist] Job posting: Senior Lecturer, Media (RMIT)

Mon Sep 05 14:16:08 GMT 2022

    Senior Lecturer, Media -- RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia

Full details and applications at https://rmit.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/RMIT_Careers/job/Melbourne/Senior-Lecturer--Media_JR10487 <https://rmit.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/RMIT_Careers/job/Melbourne/Senior-Lecturer--Media_JR10487>

    Overview:

  *

    Full-Time, Ongoing Opportunity for a *Senior Lecturer – Media*

  *

    Salary Level Academic C + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working
    Arrangements

  *

    Based at the City campus, but may be required to work and/or be
    based at other campuses of the University

*About the role*

This position offers an opportunity to contribute to the distinctive and collaborative approach to media education at RMIT University, modelledaround studio teaching and iterative reflective practice. This positionwillparticularly suit applicants who havestrong industry connections and who can applyfresh perspectives on the kind of professional roles that graduates are undertaking in a rapidly changing media environment.The successful candidate will be confident with emerging digital research and practices.

The Senior Lecturer, Media will be expected to contribute to teaching and research in the discipline of Media and Media Production in the School of Media and Communication,teachingspecifically into the Bachelor of Communication (Media). The Senior Lecturer, Media//will be responsible for coordinating courses that integrate innovative and creative learning and teaching practices into the curriculum and thatenable inclusive and collaborative learning environments.

The Senior Lecturer, Media will also contribute to the culture of collaboration, collegiality and educational excellence within the Media program and be responsible for advancing scholarship, research and industry partnerships in the discipline. They will correspondingly contribute to the leadership and continuous improvement of the program.

*About you*

The successful candidate will be an academic, researcher and media maker with a demonstrated ability to teach in the discipline area of Media. You will have a demonstrated track record of teaching, course coordination, administration, and leadership together with an established research profile.

*To join our team, you will need to meet the following key selection criteria;*

  *

    Demonstrated in-depth knowledge and practical experience of
    contemporary media-making practices with an interest in,
    and capacity for, academic leadership in the media discipline.

  *

    Demonstrated ability to undertake course coordination roles and to
    prepare and deliver courses at undergraduate and/or postgraduate
    levels, and to produce high quality curriculum materials.

  *

    Capacity to work effectively and sensitively with students,
    especially on issues related to learning.

  *

    Proven track record in and recognition for high quality research
    outputs, evidenced by publications and/or creative works,
    development of research initiatives and industry links.

  *

    Experience in supervising higher degree by research candidates.

  *

    Demonstrated understanding of the financial, governance and quality
    management systems within a university

  *

    Ability to build effective networks across the media and screen
    production industries as well as the academy and generate funded
    partnerships with industry and government.

  *

    Excellent interpersonal, collegial and communication skills
    appropriate for interacting with students, industry, higher degree
    by research candidates, and staff, together with a strong commitment
    to teamwork and multidisciplinary collaboration.

*Qualifications*

*Mandatory: *PhD or equivalent  in relevant field.

Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children check

*Preferred:* Completion of the _Essentials of Learning and Teaching (login required)_ <https://www.rmit.edu.au/staff/teaching-supporting-students/teaching-at-rmit/elt> or possess (or be eligible to apply for) appropriate HEA fellowship. If the appointed candidate does not meet this requirement at time of appointment, they will be supported to complete this as a requirement to fulfil their probation.

*To Apply  *

Please submit your CV and covering letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria for this position by clicking on the ‘Apply’ link below.

For further information about this position, please see Position Description below or contact Dr Rachel Wilson, Program Manager Bachelor of Communication (Media) via email (_Rachel.wilson /at/ rmit.edu).au_ <mailto:(Rachel.wilson /at/ rmit.edu.au)> or Jenny (SeoJenny.Seo /at/ rmit.edu.au)
https://www.rmit.edu.au/content/dam/rmit/au/en/careers/position-descriptions/senior-lecturer-media.pdf <https://www.rmit.edu.au/content/dam/rmit/au/en/careers/position-descriptions/senior-lecturer-media.pdf>

Applications close on 26th September at 11:59pm.

*About the School of Media and Communication *

This position sits within the School of Media and Communication within the /College of Design and Social Context/ <https://www.rmit.edu.au/dsc>/. /The School pushes the boundaries of digital knowledge creation and future-focused practice and has deep engagement with industry and the community that allows research and teaching to respond creatively and innovatively to global conditions.

In the most recent /QS Rankings by Subject/, RMIT was ranked 37th in the world for /Communications and Media Studies/.

In the most recent Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) ranking, RMIT was judged to be well above world standard (5) for the field of /Communication and Media studies/ and above world standard (4) for the fields of /Cultural Studies /and/ Design Practice and Management/, reinforcing the dedication and expertise in these areas. RMIT was also judged to be at world standard (3) for the fields of /Film, Television, and Performing Arts /and/ Creative Writing/.

For more information, visit _www.rmit.edu.au/about/our-education/academic-schools/media-and-communication_ <http://www.rmit.edu.au/about/our-education/academic-schools/media-and-communication>

*About the College of Design and Social Context*

The College of Design and Social Context encompasses RMIT University’s renowned art, architecture, design, built environment, communication, and social science disciplines. The college has 24,500 students and over 1,000 staff located in 8 schools.

The College’s academic programs are generally market leaders and in high demand. Based on a strong foundation of practise led, industry partnered teaching and research, we aim to deliver skilled graduates with a deep sense of purpose, and high impact research and innovation.

For more information visit _www.rmit.edu.au/dsc_ <http://www.rmit.edu.au/dsc>

    Applications Close:

26 Sep 2022 11.59 pm

/RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to//being//a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Isla//n//der community./

/RMIT is a Disability Confident Recruitment Team and we are happy to adjust the recruitment process for your accessibility requirements. Please contact us at *(TalentSupport /at/ rmit.edu.au)* <mailto:(TalentSupport /at/ rmit.edu.au)> telling us your preferred type of communication and we will be in touch as soon as possible to discuss your requirements./

/Please note that whilst we still accept applications from any persons interested in our roles, due to the impacts of COVID-19, we are currently prioritising applications from those with current working rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australia’s immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak here <https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/>./

/We are a Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant. /