[Commlist] Two vacancies in JMC at Strathclyde University

Wed Aug 31 14:47:07 GMT 2022

Two full time (1.0 FTE) posts are available to those interested in joining us here in Journalism, Media and Communication at Strathclyde – a highly-rated and growing subject area within a research intensive university.

The first is a Lecturer in Journalism, Media and Communication (468525) on an open ended contract.  We are looking for candidates in one or more of the following research areas: media ethics, media law, entrepreneurial journalism and innovation, multi-media long-form journalism, mobile journalism, data-driven journalism, algorithmic/AI journalism, environmental journalism, environmental law and/or environmental communication, and with an enthusiasm for curriculum development across both UG and PG provision.  Full details are here: https://strathvacancies.engageats.co.uk/ViewVacancyV2.aspx?enc=mEgrBL4XQK0+ld8aNkwYmFKV8mbY9WJRGH8hH+nZykmDdnXFmuJd6GI069NnBe8mmU6OiAg2vdWbrx2d0HGsI00eoUgh6WAz6PtqHwbdeM0xtHo4PTCqbytL39mPTzS6eN4Bu6vntDi99qjditxFow

Closing date for applications in this post is 11 September.  Any informal enquiries can be addressed to me (Michael.higgins /at/ strath.ac.uk) <mailto:(Michael.higgins /at/ strath.ac.uk)>

The second is Teaching Associate - Journalism, Media and Communication (468512) on a 3 year contract.  Here, we are looking for an experienced digital journalist to help deliver and manage the JMC undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PGT) provision.  They will teach students how to produce effective online content including audio, video, illustrations, interactivity and data journalism as news pieces, long-form journalism, digital storytelling and short documentaries. They should also be able to spot trends in digital journalism innovation in order to advance digital journalism education at Strathclyde.  Full details are here: here: https://strathvacancies.engageats.co.uk/ViewVacancyV2.aspx?enc=mEgrBL4XQK0+ld8aNkwYmH8+auxS9R9DdU7PY8PhxDbZ8iyyqaanQqigXimtfxh0US1bk+6iZG7cpWfzeUJqSBG+ctA/ogISYFLm9lqm964uSVJY83I7YyYnTYBuUHSGr+HYiFYyiEQGVK57Ck9O9g

Closing date for applications in this post is 4 September, and informal enquiries can be directed to Dr Chamil Rathnayake (chamil.rathnayake /at/ strath.ac.uk) <mailto:(chamil.rathnayake /at/ strath.ac.uk)>