[Commlist] Routledge Handbook of the Sex Pistols

Tue Jun 21 10:42:59 GMT 2022

Gabriela Gelain, Paul Graves-Brown, John Schofield and Mike Dines are pulling together a team of contributors for the newly proposed Routledge Handbook of the Sex Pistols. The editors are therefore looking for contributions that might include (but not limited to), the Sex Pistols in relation to music, popular culture, fashion, legacy, politics, punk and ageing, fanzines, graphic design, inclusivity, DIY cultures, heritage/museology and gender/sexuality. As a multidisciplinary volume, the editors welcome contributions from all fields of study: and are particularly interested in new insights into the band.

Routledge have confirmed that they are keen to publish the handbook, and the editors are meeting at the end of the month to write the book proposal proper. Therefore, if you are interested can you please send a short abstract of your chapter (between 50-200 words) to me at (m.dines /at/ mdx.ac.uk). by Friday 1st July at the very latest.

With a deadline rather tight, we welcome abstract drafts - an overview of, say 50 words, that give us an indication of your chapter content. We envisage authors writing up in early 2023.