[Commlist] Job: Lecturer in Communication, Media and Politics

Thu May 19 08:34:10 GMT 2022

Lecturer in Communication, Media and Politics Grade 7/8

Communication and Media

Job Ref: 042988

£35.327 - £53,348 pa

We are seeking to appoint a Lecturer (Teaching & Research) to join our ambitious and thriving Department which has undergone considerable expansion and development in recent years. Candidates with a background in communication, media and politics and the potential to contribute to the Media, Politics and Society research group are encouraged to apply. In addition, we are looking for candidates with a strong research profile and the ability to contribute 4\* publications for the Research Excellence Framework (REF). The successful applicant will undertake research and teaching in the Department of Communication and Media, with a focus on communication, media and politics. The post will support teaching on the relations between media, politics and society, in particular the social, cultural and political impact of digital media. Preference will be given to applicants whose research contributes to our Media, Politics and Society research group, which brings together ground-breaking work in media and politics from a range of theoretical and analytical perspectives. Current research areas include: global news media and international journalism; social media and online tools for political communication; young people and the media; media, human rights, immigration and international politics; and the gendered nature of mediated politics. We are looking to appoint the most appropriate candidate within the Grade 7/8 range, according to experience, ability and interview performance. The position is intended to be permanent subject to satisfactory performance. Candidates in their first academic post will be subject to a probationary period of 3 years in the first instance. The University has the right to close the vacancy early if it is deemed that there have been enough applications received.

https://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/CPS644/lecturer-in-communication-media-and-politics-grade-7-8