[Commlist] Job at City, University of London

Fri May 06 16:39:24 GMT 2022

*Job at City, University of London (UK)***

We are looking to appoint a research excellent, Lecturer in Journalism to join our team. The successful candidate will contribute to the development and delivery of our excellent undergraduate and postgraduate programmes; have a promising research profile indicative of the potential to produce world-leading or internationally excellent research, and secure grants. They should also have the potential to take leadership roles and undertake administrative and management activities.

*Background*

The Journalism Department at City, University of London has been a leader in its field since 1976, with an unrivalled record of getting graduates into the best jobs in journalism. The Department is ranked number one in the UK for graduate prospects in media and communication (Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022) and many of its 6000+ alumni now occupy senior positions in the media across the world. Based in the centre of London, the Department has strong industry links, regular high-profile events, and a professional-grade studio and journalism facilities.

The Department also boasts an internationally renowned and research-driven environment for the study of journalism, and is ranked in the Top 50 on the QS Ranking 2021. Researchers in the department are outward-facing, collaborative, and firmly focused on research that makes a difference in the world.

*Person Specification*

The successful candidate must have a Doctorate in Journalism Studies or a directly related topic -or be very close to completion. It is very strongly desired that they also have a background in journalism practice, and the ability to teach both practice-based and academic classes.

Full details of the role can be found in the job description and person specification document.

*Additional Information*

City offers a sector-leading salary, pension scheme and benefits including a comprehensive package of staff training and development.

The role is available from September 2022, or earlier by negotiation.

Closing date: 18th May 2022 at 11:59pm.

Interviews are scheduled to take place shortly after the closing date.

To apply and for more information about the post please use the link. <https://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/CPG780/lecturer-in-journalism>

City, University of London is committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion in all its activities, processes, and culture, for our whole community, including staff, students and visitors.

For more information, please contact: (Lea.hellmueller /at/ city.ac.uk) <mailto:(Lea.hellmueller /at/ city.ac.uk)>