[Commlist] ACM Web Science Conference (WebSci’22): keynote, workshops, and fair access fund

Tue Apr 19 15:18:06 GMT 2022

The ACM Web Science Conference <https://websci22.webscience.org/>will take place in Barcelona on June 26-29, 2022 and will be co-located with UMAP’22 <https://www.um.org/umap2022/>and HT’22 <https://ht.acm.org/ht2022/>conferences. WebSci’22 is organized as a hybrid conference and will also enable online participation.

Today we are excited to announce our first keynote speaker: m.c. schraefel <http://www.southampton.ac.uk/~sign/>

Professor of Computer Science and Human Performance and Director of the wellthLab and Living Lab at the University of Southampton <http://www.soton.ac.uk/>.

We are also happy to announce the accepted workshops and tutorials <https://websci22.webscience.org/programme/workshops-and-tutorials/>for this year, which cover a wide range of topics and are open for participation:

  * General Collective Intelligence and Web Science
  * Documenting Web Data for Social Research  (#DocuWeb22)
  * 1st Workshop on Blockchain and AI for Community
  * Assessing The Ethical Implications Of Artificial Intelligence In
    Policing
  * Creating customized learning experiences on the web: AI for a
    competency-based adaptive E-learning
  * Coornet: detecting problematic online coordinated link-sharing behavior

Registration for onsite or online participation is now open. In addition to regular tickets, we have some support from our partners at SIGWEB and Web4Good to encourage participation from around the world. Thanks to them we can offer some reduced registration fee options for participants from economically developing countries as well as for students. Please see our information on how to apply for FAIR ACCESS <https://websci22.webscience.org/registration/fair-access/>registrations.

*Applications for fair access registrations have been extended to April 30th. *

All the information is available at https://websci22.webscience.org/ <https://websci22.webscience.org/>