[Commlist] The journal Global Media and China published the latest issue—March 2022

Fri Mar 25 00:08:14 GMT 2022

We are pleased to announce that our journal Global Media and China has just published its latest issue (Volume 7, Issue 1, March 2022).

And also we sincerely welcome your contribution to our journals. If you are interested and have the time, it is a great honour for us to receive your submission. Here is the submission portal:

https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/gmac <https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/gmac>. For more information about Global Media and China, please go to gch.sagepub.com <http://gch.sagepub.com/>, you can also find detailed submission guidelines there.

You can freely read this new issue at: https://journals.sagepub.com/toc/GCH/current <https://journals.sagepub.com/toc/GCH/current>

*Original Articles***

*‘Pathetic earthlings! Who can save you now?’ Science fifiction, planetary crisis and the globalisation of Chinese culture***

/John Hartley///

*The Rise of the East Asian Gaming Industry: A Value-Added Chain Among the East Asian Game Companies During 2000–2010*

/Laichi Chen/

**

*Comparing newspapers in mainland China and Hong Kong: The limits of media systems theory*

/Haiyan Wang and Nan Lyu/

*A ‘New Arms Race’? Framing China and the U.S.A. in A.I. News Reporting: A Comparative Analysis of the Washington Post and South China Morning Post*

/Dennis Nguyen and Erik Hekman/

*Special Section: Communicating the COVID-19 Pandemic***

**

*Guest Editors: Lars Willnat and Zixue Tai***

**

*Special Issue Articles***

*Introduction to Global Media and China’s Special Issue on COVID-19*

/Lars Willnat and Zixue Tai/

*Media attention, dependency, selfeffificacy, and prosocial behaviours during the outbreak of COVID-19: A constructive journalism perspective*

/Jiankun Gong, Hasmah Zanuddin, Weipeng Hou and Jinghong Xu/

**

*When positive energy meets satirical feminist backfifire: Hashtag activism during the COVID-19 outbreak in China*

/Yue Yang/

*Book Reviews***

**

*Fengmin Yan, Image, Reality and Media Construction - A Frame Analysis of German Media Representations of China***

/Yuwen Gu/

**

*Filippo Gilardi and Celia Lam (eds.), Transmedia in Asia and the Pacifific: Industry, practice and transcultural dialogues***

/Andrew White/

*Xiao, Jian. Punk Culture in Contemporary China***

/Christian Morgner/