[Commlist] jobs at University of Sharjah

Thu Mar 17 15:22:21 GMT 2022

The College of Communication at the University of Sharjah is one of the most dynamic and well-established in the areas of communication, mass media, journalism and public relations in the Middle East and North Africa. Located in the United Arab Emirates, the university is globally connected, offering an ideal place for thriving scholars who want to make a difference with their research and high quality teaching.

With fantastic working conditions, one of the best remuneration packages available and an expanding research agenda, we are seeking to appoint a number of talented individuals in areas such as digital media transformation, digital humanities, social media studies, media infrastructure studies, new media, digital-native news media, data journalism, data intelligence, strategic communication and public relations, news and media audiences, digital marketing communication and broadcasting.

Applicants should have peer-review publications in their area of research and provide demonstrable potential for world-class research and grant capture.

We expect that the candidates will bring additional and complementary skill sets into our delivery and teaching, which we expect to help improve employability, critical thinking, creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship of our students.

The College has several programs, which include degrees in mass media, digital media design, public relations and journalism as well as very comprehensive Master’s and PhD programs in which the new Faculty are expected to teach.

As one of the few Colleges in Communications in the region that provide programs in Arabic and English, we encourage candidates who are fluent in one or both languages to apply. Candidates with demonstrable experience and knowledge in the production of content for broadcasting, digital/social media, digital media design, emerging technologies and data analytics for news and PR are particularly welcome to apply.

In return, we will give full consideration to appoint at the level of assistant or associate professors to candidates who have a promising research agenda in the above areas.

Interested candidates can apply at:

https://newhr.sharjah.ac.ae/en/Pages/AcademicJobs.aspx <https://newhr.sharjah.ac.ae/en/Pages/AcademicJobs.aspx>

For additional details or an informal conversation about these posts, you can contact:

Jairo A. Lugo-Ocando, PhD

Dean, College of Communication,

University of Sharjah, U.A.E.

(jlugoocando /at/ sharjah.ac.ae) <mailto:(jlugoocando /at/ sharjah.ac.ae)>