[Commlist] Symposium CfP: The Evolution of Story II: Unravelling the Hero’s Journey

Tue Mar 08 13:12:25 GMT 2022

The Evolution of Story II: Unravelling the Hero’s Journey - new narrative modalities/paradigms for story, semantics & the psychology of experience. A one-day symposium on Thursday 23rd June 2022 – (hybrid/online) at Solent University, Southampton, UK.

https://evolutionofstory.info/call-for-papers/
The Evolution of Story is a one-day symposium – an exploration of the experiential in storytelling, design, technology, marketing, architecture, entertainment, retail, and other fields of practice where the user experience is of paramount importance to creative practitioners. It aims to explore the ways in which story has evolved beyond the linear, the stage and the boundaries of the screen. It will take the lid off new forms of storytelling and offer a snapshot of current practices. Hosted by Dr Roy Hanney (Solent University) and Alison Norrington (Story Central), the symposium will take a hybrid form with all papers submitted in advance as video clips so that the live sessions can focus on dialogue and discussion. We hope there will be a real-life aspect to the symposium (pandemic willing) but equally, given our goal of engaging with global voices, we expect to facilitate virtual participation in the symposium. Papers presented at the symposium may be offered the opportunity to be included in a proposed edited collection (subject to contract) which hope to offer for publication to Routledge as part of their Routledge Advances in Transmedia Studies book series, edited by Matthew Freeman (Bath Spa University).

Full details and a downloadable PDF of the CfP can be found here: https://evolutionofstory.info/call-for-papers/