[Commlist] Senior Teaching Associate in Media Studies at Lancaster University

Wed Feb 23 16:48:32 GMT 2022

A full-time, indefinite post:

*Senior Teaching Associate in Media Studies*

Salary:   £35,326 to £40,927

Closing Date:   Sunday 13 March 2022

Interview Date:   Thursday 31 March 2022

Reference:  A3679

https://hr-jobs.lancs.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?ref=A3679 <https://hr-jobs.lancs.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?ref=A3679>

Lancaster University’s Department of Sociology invites applications for a full-time Senior Teaching Associate to work within the Media and Cultural Studies teaching team. We want to enrich our existing teaching strengths and enhance the student experience in relation to the evolving and dynamic media environment. We particularly welcome applicants who are committed to approaches that both decolonise the curriculum and encourage inclusive learning environments.

We are seeking a Senior Teaching Associate who can teach Media and Cultural Studies at a high standard; develop innovations in teaching and assessment; offer pastoral support to a diverse body of students; maintain a reflexive approach to teaching pedagogy; develop and maintain high-quality learning platforms; engage with the department’s international partnerships and participate in recruitment visits to schools and colleges. Experience in practical media teaching and assessment is desirable but not essential. You will be given training, support, mentoring and opportunities for Professional Development. At this grade there is scope for subject-specific or pedagogic research if desired.

This is a full time, indefinite post.

For informal enquiries please contact the Head of Department Team by email (sociologyhod /at/ lancaster.ac.uk) <mailto:(sociologyhod /at/ lancaster.ac.uk)>