[Commlist] New book: Storytelling and Collective Psychology

Thu Jan 13 20:09:28 GMT 2022

Darren Kelsey is delighted to announce that my new book is now available for pre-order on Amazon (link below). This book should appeal to students and researchers within and beyond the MeCCSA and LiP communities - particularly those of you interested in storytelling, psychology, celebrity/persona, philosophy, mental health and collective wellbeing: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Storytelling-Collective-Psychology-Ancient-Wisdom/dp/3030936597 <https://www.amazon.co.uk/Storytelling-Collective-Psychology-Ancient-Wisdom/dp/3030936597>

*/Storytelling and Collective Psychology: Ancient Wisdom, Modern Life and the Work of Derren Brown/**/
/*
/This book examines the work of psychological illusionist Derren Brown to understand the significance of storytelling and ancient philosophy in our society. Reflecting on the social disconnection and political polarization of recent times, Darren Kelsey considers how we can rebuild a sense of collective cohesion and common good, weaving together contemporary psychology with ancient Stoicism to cut through the noise of modern life. Kelsey shows that Brown is more than a stage performer: he’s an enlightened magician who offers us guidance for navigating the challenges life throws at us, using his skills and wisdom to help us better understand ourselves and enable human flourishing. In this rigorous examination of Brown’s work, Kelsey makes a compelling case for paying closer attention to our personal, cultural and political stories and beliefs to help create a better future – for ourselves, our communities, and the planet.
/