Archive for December 2022

[Commlist] Two post-doc positions at IULM University, Milan (Mapping Media for Future Democracies)

Thu Dec 29 14:34:34 GMT 2022

Two post-doc positions at IULM University, Milan

Intro:

In the context of the Horizon Europe project MEDEMAP- Mapping Media for Future Democracies [2023-2025], the Call is open for two post-doc positions in the field of media studies and internet studies.

IULM University in Milan, Italy, opens a Call for two one-year post-doc positions, in the context of the Horizon Europe project MEDEMAP- Mapping Media for Future Democracies.

The first post-doc is about/Ethnographic and netnographic inquiry on media practices in Europe/, and the research tasks will include:

- In-depth ethnographic and netnographic inquiry realized in selected European countries. Qualitative methods will be used, which include conversational interviews, focus groups, and document analysis. The level of participation, the trust in media and institutions, and social agency and political participation will be considered as main research themes.

- The indications of the qualitative research will be taken together and discussed, in order to make it emerge constants and variants in the results. The final outcome would be an advanced understanding of the way people perceive media and democracy across Europe, what are they are needs – to be eventually compared with the results related to the supply side.

The second post-doc is about/The evolution of media audiences in Europe/, and research tasks will include:

- Mapping the state of media audiences in Europe (EU27), by focusing on the spread of most recent digital services, and on the use of digital media for getting news and for triggering political discussions. - By drawing on secondary data provided by various sources, assessing the state of people’s trust in news media and democratic institutions.

- Setting-up of a data-set related with people’s trust in media and institutions, and with the state of audiences’ practices. As much as possible, provide break-down by socio-demographic variables, as far as these data are available to the scientific community.

Deadline for both application is January 20, 2023, and the starting date is expected to be March 1, 2023.

Links and information:

All detials about the call are available here:https://www.iulm.it/it/iulm/reclutamento/assegni-ricerca <https://www.iulm.it/it/iulm/reclutamento/assegni-ricerca>.

The Calls are available here:

-https://www.iulm.it/wps/wcm/connect/iulm/5691f41f-44f2-4a7b-94ec-f032afb3caf9/Call+for+applications_SPS08.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CACHEID=ROOTWORKSPACE.Z18_N19GHC41OO5PD0QACD0HKQ38C6-5691f41f-44f2-4a7b-94ec-f032afb3caf9-ol0vzqE <https://www.iulm.it/wps/wcm/connect/iulm/5691f41f-44f2-4a7b-94ec-f032afb3caf9/Call+for+applications_SPS08.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CACHEID=ROOTWORKSPACE.Z18_N19GHC41OO5PD0QACD0HKQ38C6-5691f41f-44f2-4a7b-94ec-f032afb3caf9-ol0vzqE>

-https://www.iulm.it/wps/wcm/connect/iulm/37ca97b7-40c0-45dd-aaac-8491d6807190/Call+for+applications_SPS08+Prof.+Miconi.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CACHEID=ROOTWORKSPACE.Z18_N19GHC41OO5PD0QACD0HKQ38C6-37ca97b7-40c0-45dd-aaac-8491d6807190-ol0q8Df <https://www.iulm.it/wps/wcm/connect/iulm/37ca97b7-40c0-45dd-aaac-8491d6807190/Call+for+applications_SPS08+Prof.+Miconi.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CACHEID=ROOTWORKSPACE.Z18_N19GHC41OO5PD0QACD0HKQ38C6-37ca97b7-40c0-45dd-aaac-8491d6807190-ol0q8Df>.

For information, you can contact the scientific responsible, prof. Andrea Miconi: (andrea.miconi /at/ iulm.it) <mailto:(andrea.miconi /at/ iulm.it)>.

    <http://commlist.org> <http://commlist.org <http://commlist.org>>

    https://journals.ptks.pl/cejc/issue/view/vol15-no1-30-special-2022
    <https://journals.ptks.pl/cejc/issue/view/vol15-no1-30-special-2022>

 <https://journals.ptks.pl/cejc/issue/view/vol15-no1-30-special-2022 <https://journals.ptks.pl/cejc/issue/view/vol15-no1-30-special-2022>>