Archive for April 2022

[Commlist] Job vacancy: Teaching Fellow in Film - University of Southampton

Fri Apr 29 15:43:56 GMT 2022

A new full-time permanent post in Film Studies at the University of Southampton is now open for applications. Please see below for full details and application process.

https://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/CPH905/teaching-fellow-in-film

Film Studies at the University of Southampton has a long history and our Department has an excellent reputation for teaching and research. We are based within the School of Humanities in the Faculty of Arts and Humanities and have close interdisciplinary links with other members of the School and the wider University. You will become part of a team of dedicated teachers and researchers. You will be a practiced teacher with a PhD or equivalent qualifications and experience in Film and/or Media Studies and with teaching experience at Undergraduate and/or Postgraduate level. While we welcome applications from those working in any aspect of Film Studies, we would be particularly interested in candidates who could contribute to our existing programmes and with experience of digital assessment methods.

A founding member of the prestigious Russell Group, the University of Southampton has a global reputation for its passion and ability to work collaboratively in delivering world-class education, research and innovation that makes a proven impact on society’s greatest challenges. We are a top 100 global university (QS World Rankings, 2021) and we are top 20 in the UK (Complete University Guide, 2021). We bring people and ideas together to achieve the remarkable. We provide the environment, the support and the challenge for them to realise their fullest potential. For informal enquiries before submitting your application, please email the Head of Department, Professor Veronica Spencer at (vhs /at/ soton.ac.uk).
Please include a covering letter and full CV in your application.
 Application Procedure
You should submit your completed online application form at https://jobs.soton.ac.uk. The application deadline will be midnight on the closing date stated above. If you need any assistance, please contact Michelle (HR Recruitment Team) on +44 (0) 23 8059 2750 or email (recruitment /at/ soton.ac.uk) Please quote reference 1797022AR on all correspondence.