[Commlist] Senior lecturer position in Environmental Communication at the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences

Wed Dec 22 23:04:33 GMT 2021

Here at the Division of Environmental Communication at the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, we are currently recruiting a senior lecturer (Swedish: ‘universitetslektor’, a tenured position) in environmental communication (see link below).

At the Division of Environmental Communication, we investigate communication aspects of environmental and sustainability issues. We consider communication as the joint construction of meaning rather than as the transmission of information, and conduct primarily qualitative social science research concerned with themes such as participation, power, conflict and learning in decision-making and change processes, drawing on communication theoretical, sociological and political science perspectives. Our research spans a wide range of contexts such as nature conservation, forestry, food production, climate change, game management, mining and the built environment.

An important objective of our work is to contribute to processes of sustainability transformation, both in Sweden and at a global level. The position offers access to SLU’s vibrant and attractive research environment, with a unique breadth and opportunities for multi- and interdisciplinary collaboration with researchers from other social science and humanities backgrounds, including economics, as well as research groups in natural sciences and engineering.

Our education in environmental communication provides students with theoretical knowledge and practical skills that enable them to understand, deal with and coordinate communication in change processes related to sustainable development and environmental management. Theoretical and practical components of courses are interwoven in teaching activities including experience-based workshops, case study investigations, group projects and reflective assignments.

We are looking for a senior lecturer to further strengthen the division’s profile in both research and education in one or several of the areas mentioned above, and to contribute to the development of the existing subject area.

*Subject area:*

The subject area addresses communication in environmental and sustainability-related contexts with a focus on communication as the co-construction of meaning, including both constitutive and instrumental perspectives on the role of communication in society.

Read more here:https://www.slu.se/en/about-slu/work-at-slu/jobs-vacancies/?rmpage=job&rmjob=5810&rmlang=UK <https://www.slu.se/en/about-slu/work-at-slu/jobs-vacancies/?rmpage=job&rmjob=5810&rmlang=UK>