[Commlist] Postdoctoral Research Associate in Video Game Studies Opportunity at Georgia State University

Sat Dec 11 08:05:01 GMT 2021

Georgia State University is currently searching for a Post-Doc in Video Game Studies:

Application materials are due January 15, 2022.

      Post-doctoral Research Associate: Video Game Studies

Georgia State University’s School of Film, Media & Theatre is dedicated to broadening the range of voices heard in American culture (especially perspectives that are often marginalized) and to critically examining the functions and industries of visual storytelling.

To that end, we invite early career academics (Ph.D. 2017 or later) to apply for our new postdoctoral research associate position.

The School of Film, Media & Theatre is growing within an enterprising doctoral university (R1) in Atlanta.

Our postdoctoral research associate will play a supporting role as the school collaborates to transform its curriculum and pedagogy to foreground experiential, interdisciplinary, and technologically enhanced learning furthering Georgia State’s strategic goal of demonstrating that students from all backgrounds can achieve academic and career success.

We are looking for candidates who can contribute to the diversity of our faculty through their experiences and approaches to video game studies, especially those applying a humanities-based approach via critical theory and race.

*
*

*Responsibilities*

The candidate is expected to bring and maintain an active research agenda; to teach graduate courses in a doctoral program in Moving Image Studies (including graduate seminars in video game studies) as well as undergraduate courses in video game studies. Typically teaching requirements are a 1-1. Candidates will also be expected to participate in events and mentoring functions organized by the School of Film, Media & Theatre.

*
*

*Eligibility, Compensation and Duration*

Recent Ph.D.s and Ph.D. candidates in the final stages of completing and defending their dissertation may apply. Salary ranges between $56,000-60,000 annually plus benefits. In addition, the School will provide a moving expense allowance and professional development funds. The postdoctoral research associate position is an appointment that can last up to three years to develop the skills and gain the experience needed for a tenure-track faculty position. The successful incumbent will build and foster relationships for possible career growth within the school.. Applicants must be able to be physically on campus when teaching and collaborating with colleagues.

*
*

*Qualifications*

Essential Qualifications

  * Ph.D. in television/media/film or a related field (in hand by August
    1, 2022)
  * An emerging record of research
  * Experience in teaching at the university level

Preferred Qualifications

  * An emerging record of research on video games
  * Excellence in teaching at the university level

For full job listing: https://fmt.gsu.edu/film-media-theatre-employment-opportunities/?__cf_chl_jschl_tk__=h1D2dI0TWrc_12k8iX8CUlVKHfSBau97aDVNrGMiwf0-1638300786-0-gaNycGzNCeU#post-doc-asso-vid-games <https://fmt.gsu.edu/film-media-theatre-employment-opportunities/?__cf_chl_jschl_tk__=h1D2dI0TWrc_12k8iX8CUlVKHfSBau97aDVNrGMiwf0-1638300786-0-gaNycGzNCeU#post-doc-asso-vid-games>