[Commlist] Job Announcement: Assistant Professor of Organizational Communication job with Purdue University Fort Wayne

Thu Nov 18 22:10:06 GMT 2021

https://jobs.chronicle.com/job/409806/assistant-professor-of-organizational-communication/

Assistant Professor of Organizational Communication

The Department of Communication at Purdue University Fort Wayne (PFW)
seeks to fill a tenure track assistant professor position to begin August 2022.

We seek a broadly trained assistant professor to teach undergraduate
and graduate courses in organizational communication. This person will contribute to the undergraduate interpersonal/organizational concentration. The successful candidate will have experience in organizational communication broadly constituted. Indicating ability to teach graduate level quantitative methods course would be helpful. This person also will demonstrate a commitment to and expertise in teaching, as evidenced by at least one year experience teaching and/or course work in organizational communication, small group communication, and/or leadership and communication. Please include information about any ability to teach organizational communication, communication consulting, and other relevant areas at the graduate level as evidenced by teaching experience and/or graduate level coursework. We are hopeful the new member of our department will also assist us in advancing the development of our organizational communication curriculum. A PhD in Communication or a closely related field is expected by the start of employment but ABDs will be considered. We expect the candidate to develop a successful research program and to contribute to the department via advising and relevant service.

The Department of Communication has a thriving undergraduate and
master’s programs and a collegial and professionally active faculty. The Department affirms diversity. The Department and University are committed to providing inclusive educational experiences for our urban and regional constituents. Additional information about the Department and University is available athttps://www.pfw.comm/. PFW is a Master’s Comprehensive I institution with nearly 10,000 students from the city of Fort Wayne and the surrounding region. Fort Wayne is the second largest city in Indiana with about 250,000 residents. Fort Wayne offers affordable housing, multiple school systems, a diverse arts community, and excellent health care systems.

The department is committed to advancing diversity in all areas of
faculty effort, including research, teaching, and service/engagement. Candidates should address at least one of these areas in their cover letter, indicating their past experiences, current interests or activities, and/or future goals to promote a climate that values diversity and inclusion.

Additional information about the Department and University is
available at https://www.pfw.comm/. PFW is a Master’s Comprehensive I institution with nearly 7,000 students from the city of Fort Wayne and the surrounding region. Fort Wayne is the second largest city in Indiana with about 250,000 residents. Fort Wayne offers affordable housing, multiple school systems, a diverse arts community, and excellent health care systems.

Applicants should submit a letter of application, vita, evidence of
teaching effectiveness, including a 1-2 page statement of teaching philosophy, and names and contact information for four current references to: https://careers.purdue.edu/FW/go/FW-Faculty/7720100/

All candidates who are interviewed should prepare a 45-60 minute
instructional presentation as well as a 30 minute research presentation. For more information and general queries, please email (comsearch /at/ pfw.edu). Formal screening will begin January 15th and continue until the position is filled.

Employment is contingent on available funding and a satisfactory
criminal convictions check.

Purdue University Fort Wayne is an Equal Opportunity/Equal
Access/Affirmative Action Employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. All individuals including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.