[Commlist] EuromediApp Winter School - call for participants

Tue Nov 16 20:39:37 GMT 2021

EuromediApp Winter School - Quality of European News Ecology
21-25 February, 2022
Strobl, Austria

How should we govern our news ecology in the digital age? Digital platforms bring several challenges to news production, distribution and consumption, ranging from concerns on the economic sustainability of this activity to questions regarding trust building and legitimacy. There is pressure on European policymakers to provide solutions to ensure a healthy news ecology.

This Winter School invites students to write a manifesto on European news politics beyond platforms, relying on input by a team of experienced and emerging scholars: Aukse Balcytiene, Leen d’Haenens, Robin Mansell, Michaël Opgenhaffen, Colin Porlezza, Susana Salgado, Helle Sjøvaag, Tales Tomaz and Josef Trappel.

Participants pay a nominal fee of 50 EUR that covers accommodation (full board hotel) and excursions. Travel scholarships up to 300 EUR are available. We welcome PhD and advanced Master students.

Deadline for applications: November 22, 2021

Read more: https://euromediapp.org/winter-school/quality-of-european-news-ecology/

For more information, write to Tales Tomaz ((tales.tomaz /at/ plus.ac.at))