[Commlist] 0.5 Lecturer in Media Studies - Ulster University

Mon Nov 15 22:57:02 GMT 2021

*Role: Lecturer in Media (Fixed Term 0.5 FTE) *

*School: Communication & Media *

*Grade: 7 (£35-42K pro rata)*

*Campus: Coleraine*

*Closing Data: 28^th November*

The School of Communication and Media is looking to appoint a Lecturer in Media Studies to teach Media Theory modules into the BSc Interactive Media, the BA Journalism and the MA Journalism based on our Coleraine Campus, and contribute Research and Impact in Communication and Media in the Centre for Media Research

The role will focus on leading a set of core introductory modules in Media Studies and other Media Studies modules later in the programs, supervise practice projects and PhD candidates in Communication, Media and Cultural Studies; a strong subject pedagogy and focus on pastoral work to introduce undergraduate students to the discipline is desirable. The appointment will be supported by a strong technical team, with media industry backgrounds, to help students develop their creativity, and understand the productive links between media theory and production. As an institution which is committed to widening access to education, and broadening participation we are heavily committed to work that embraces a wide range of student backgrounds, and this post supports the important transition stage. The school and institution are committed to the development of student centred, active and applied pedagogies to develop students¿ academic, technical and professional attributes.

The School of Communication and Media has a long and distinguished history as a centre for media research. We are keen to recruit internationally excellent scholars returnable to REF in the subject area, broadly construed (currently sub-panel 34). We are also committed to the Research/Teaching Nexus and the important links between staff’s Research and the curriculum design. The school has a commitment to at least a 20% Research time allocation for all Research active staff who are developing Research Outputs, engaging in Impact activity and working on activities which contribute to the REF portfolio.

To apply please visit https://www.ulster.ac.uk/about/jobs <https://www.ulster.ac.uk/about/jobs>. If you have any questions about the role, or application please do reach out.