[Commlist] Announcing Sound Beyond Music: The Inaugural Museum of Portable Sound,Conference

Fri Nov 05 23:40:23 GMT 2021

Announcing Sound Beyond Music: The Inaugural Museum of Portable Sound
Conference, happening 12 & 19 November 2021!

CONFERENCE THEME

This first first edition of our conference is entitled Sound Beyond
Music – a theme which fits our unusual call for papers, which asked
for presentations about sound that DID NOT discuss music or 'Sound
Art'!

CONFERENCE WEBSITE

The conference website is here:

museumofportablesound.com/mopsconference

On it, you’ll find all the abstracts and bios for the presenters and
guest speakers. Feel free to share this link with your networks!

CONFERENCE TICKETS

Unlike many other academic conferences, presenters are invited to
participate in the conference for FREE.

However, we are asking non-presenters to pay a modest ticketing fee of
UK£10 via Eventbrite. These tickets will admit a person to both dates
of the conference.

Here is the direct link for purchasing Eventbrite tickets:

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/museum-of-portable-sound-conference-sound-beyond-music-tickets-193432390487

ZOOM LINKS

We will send out the Zoom link for Day One of the conference on Monday
8 November.

The link for Day Two will be sent the following Monday, 15 November.

QUESTIONS?

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact John
Kannenberg, the Museum of Portable Sound Director, via email:
john[AT]museumofportablesound.com

On behalf of the conference's committee, I'm looking forward to
meeting you at the conference! The presentations and guest speaker
talks look really exciting, and I hope we’re able to generate a lot of
meaningful discussions with all of this work!