[Commlist] New Podcast Limited Series: Reactionary Digital Politics

Fri Oct 22 12:54:52 GMT 2021

We are pleased to announce the release of a new 8-part podcast series on the topic of Reactionary Digital Politics: Ideologies, Rhetorics, Aesthetics. The series forms part of a three-year research project Political Ideologies, Rhetoric and Aesthetics in the Digital Age: The Case of the Alt-Right. It reports on findings of the project and includes interviews with scholars, reporters and writers working in this field including: Clare Birchall, Florian Cramer, Matthew Feldman, Bharath Ganesh, Debbie Ging, Annie Kelly, Hugo Leal, Becca Lewis, Wu Ming 1, Whitney Phillips and Marc Tuters.

The series aims to help listeners think about and understand how digital platforms and online styles of communication are affecting the shape and feel of political ideas and ideologies, and how we relate to them. Throughout it asks why right-wing and reactionary politics have been so successful in using these technologies to promote their ideas. Each episode asks, and tries to answer, a question about how digital technologies affect how we think, feel and argue about politics, our identifications and expectations. We hope that the series is accessible to a public audience, that it accurately represents scholarship in this area and that it is of value to students as well as researchers studying these topics.

https://reactionarydigitalpoliticspodcast.wordpress.com