[Commlist] Media Platformisation and Small Nations Conference

Thu Oct 21 08:14:02 GMT 2021

Media Platformisation and Small Nations Conference
28-29 October 2021

Register HERE:
https://www2.helsinki.fi/en/conferences/media-platformisation-and-small-nations/registration

We are now less than two weeks away from the Media Platformisation and Small NationsConference and this is a final call for registration.

The aim of the conference is to offer an opportunity to discuss and assess how the advance of the digital platforms – or the process of platformisation – is reflected in Finland and beyond its borders. Although the provision of news and journalism-related content is only a small part of these platforms’ activities, it will be the focus of the conference.

For this conference, we are honoured to assemble an outstanding expert panel to cover the themes of challenges of platformisation, dimensions of platform accountability and perspectives to media platformisation and small nations. Our keynote speakers include:

Professor Steven Livingston (George Washington University, School of Media and Public Affairs)
https://smpa.gwu.edu/steven-livingston

Professor Terry Flew University of Sydney)
https://www.sydney.edu.au/arts/about/our-people/academic-staff/terry-flew.html

Professor Anja Bechmann (Aarhus University)
https://pure.au.dk/portal/en/persons/anja-bechmann(b093426c-3157-465e-bd29-fe73ee20d446).html

Professor Marko Milosavljevic (University of Ljubljana)
https://www.fdv.uni-lj.si/en/news-and-information/contacts/teachers/info/marko-milosavljevic/

Professor Natali Helberger (University of Amsterdam)
https://www.uva.nl/en/research/research-environment/professors/university-professors/university-professors-list/natali-helberger.html?cb

In the programme you will find more information about keynotes and other distinguished speakers in our conference.

https://www2.helsinki.fi/en/conferences/media-platformisation-and-small-nations/programme

Important notice: the registration closes Friday, 22 October 2021. We encourage you to register as soon as possible. Participation isopen to all and free of charge. The registration is the only requirement, and it takes no more than 2 minutes of your time. Please, register here:

https://www2.helsinki.fi/en/conferences/media-platformisation-and-small-nations/registration

Should you have any questions about the conference or registration, please do not hesitate to contact Irina Grigor ((irina.grigor /at/ helsinki.fi))