[Commlist] Media Industries Publishes Vol. 8, No. 1

Wed Oct 13 08:08:41 GMT 2021

/Media Industries /is pleased to announce the publication of its latest issue. Vol. 8, No. 1 is now live on our website and features an outstanding line-up of original research and reviews. You can preview our Table of Contents, below, or enjoy immediate and unrestricted access to all of our content by visiting our website: https://journals.publishing.umich.edu/mij/ <https://journals.publishing.umich.edu/mij/>.

Volume 8 • Issue 1 • 2021

*Featured Articles*

The Labor of Digital Privacy Advocacy in an Era of Big Tech

Jennifer Holt and Lisa Parks

Gendered Labour in the Neo-Art House

Alicia Kozma

Structured Industry Workshops as Methodology: Researching National Screen Agencies and Policies

Eva Novrup Redvall and Inge Ejbye Sørensen

Taking Netflix to the Cinema: National Cinema Value Chain Disruptions in the Age of Streaming

Diane Burgess and Kirsten Stevens

Beyond Streaming Wars: Rethinking Competition in Video Services

Ramon Lobato and Amanda Lotz

*Reviews *

Book Review: Hadas, Leora. "Authorship as Promotional Discourse in the Screen Industries: Selling Genius" (New York: Taylor & Francis, 2020.)

Alex Remington

Book Review: Jones, Angela. "Camming: Money, Power, and Pleasure in the Sex Work Industry" (New York: New York University Press, 2020.)

Julia Chan

Book Review: Damiens, Antoine. "LGBTQ Film Festivals: Curating Queerness" (Amsterdam: Amsterdam University Press, 2020.)

Jonathan Petrychyn

Book Review: Díaz, Vanessa. "Manufacturing Celebrities: Latino Paparazzi and Women Reporters in Hollywood" (Durham: Duke University Press, 2020.)

Luis E. Rivera-Figueroa

Book Review: Bulut, Ergin. "A Precarious Game: The Illusion of Dream Jobs in the Video Game Industry" (Ithaca: Cornell University Press, 2020.)

Ashley Jones

Book Review: Hughes, Kit. "Television at Work: Industrial Media and American Labor" (New York: Oxford University Press, 2020.)

Karen Petruska

*About /Media Industries/*

/Media Industries/is a peer-reviewed, open access journal that supports critical studies of media industries, institutions, and policies worldwide. The journal is maintained by a managing _Editorial Collective_ and _Editorial Board _comprised of an international group of media industries scholars. Editorial and administrative responsibilities are shared amongst faculty members at the following institutions: The Chinese University of Hong Kong; King’s College London; Lingnan University; Queensland University of Technology; RMIT University; University of California, Santa Barbara; University of Nottingham; University of Texas at Austin; and the University of Halle.

*About Michigan Publishing *

In late 2016 /Media Industries /moved its online presence to an open-access platform hosted by Michigan Publishing at the University of Michigan, Ann-Arbor. Hosting more than 30 open access journals, Michigan Publishing shares our commitment to making cutting edge research easily discoverable, accessible, and shareable with readers around the world. Michigan Publishing’s platform connects with more than two million readers per year, which we will help expand and strengthen the journal’s readership in the years to come.

For additional information about /Media Industries/, please visit://

Website: mediaindustriesjournal.org <http://mediaindustriesjournal.org/>

Email: (mediaindjournal /at/ gmail.com) <mailto:(mediaindjournal /at/ gmail.com)>

Facebook: facebook.com/mediaindustriesjournal <http://facebook.com/mediaindustriesjournal>

Twitter: twitter.com/mediaindjournal <http://twitter.com/mediaindjournal>

The /Media Industries /Editorial Collective

*Wenhong Chen*, University of Texas at Austin

*Stuart Cunningham*, Queensland University of Technology

*Michael Curtin*, University of California, Santa Barbara

*Darrell William Davis*, Lingnan University

*Elizabeth Evans*, University Nottingham

*Anthony Fung*, The Chinese University of Hong Kong

*Jennifer Holt*, University of California, Santa Barbara

*Ramon Lobato*, RMIT University

*Amanda Lotz*, Queensland University of Technology

*Paul McDonald*, King’s College London

*Ross Melnick*, University of California, Santa Barbara

*Alisa Perren*, University of Texas at Austin

*Kevin Sanson*, Queensland University of Technology

*Wing-Fai Leung*, King's College London

*Julian Thomas*, RMIT University

*Patrick Vonderau*, Martin Luther University

*Patrik Wikstrom*, Queensland University of Technology

*Emilie Yueh-yu Yeh*, Lingnan University