[Commlist] CIM Warwick - Teaching Fellow - Digital Media and Culture

Mon Sep 27 21:48:59 GMT 2021

The Centre for Interdisciplinary Methodologies (CIM) seeks to appoint
a one-year full-time Teaching Fellow in digital media and culture.

CIM conducts world-class research by pioneering, testing and promoting
interdisciplinary methods. Our research addresses the most pressing
issues at the interface of science, media and society. We have a
distinctive approach to interdisciplinarity in that we work across
disciplines including those that do not normally speak to each other
by focusing on methods. We have developed postgraduate courses and
master classes to provide advanced training in interdisciplinary
methodology. We collaborate with a wide range of academic and
non-academic partners.

You will contribute to our Masters programmes by teaching on a number
of our existing modules. You will undertake lecturing, seminar and
workshop teaching, essay tutorials, dissertation supervision, office
hours, marking of postgraduate work, and monitoring of student
attendance in accordance with the Centre’s quality assurance
practices; where appropriate, you will also provide pastoral support
and guidance during the academic year.

You will possess experience in teaching and have a background in
digital culture, digital media studies and social studies of
technology appropriate for research-led teaching. You should have
completed a PhD in a field related to the above, or have your viva
scheduled.

All applications must be accompanied by a CV and covering letter and
names of two referees. If you have not had the viva for your PhD, at
least one of your referees should be a current supervisor.

For further information about the post, see:
https://atsv7.wcn.co.uk/search_engine/jobs.cgi?owner=5062452&ownertype=fair&jcode=1879514&vt_template=1457&adminview=1

For further information about the department, please visit the
departmental website: https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/cross_fac/cim/

Closing Date: 14th October, 2021.