[Commlist] CitiesAfterCovid and the role of information/ICT: Conference

Thu Sep 02 10:07:17 GMT 2021

Over the summer students and academics at University College London (UCL) and the University of Toronto (UoT) have been working on research projects that have investigated aspects of the COVID crisis in terms of its impacts on London and Toronto with a focus on information and technology. The student work has been supervised by faculty members from across the Departments of Anthropology and Information Studies at UCL and Information, Statistical Sciences, and Economics at the UoT. As a result of this work the project participants are hosting a conference on Sept 9 and 10 from 9am to 1pm Toronto time and 2-6pm London time. The results of these projects will be shared. We will also have expert panels looking at the impacts and recovery post Covid. *Please do register for the conference at Eventbrite* https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cities-after-covid-tickets-168854637767 <https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cities-after-covid-tickets-168854637767> Please see our project website for more information: https://citiesaftercovid.wordpress.com/

Follow us on Twitter: @citiespostcovid <https://twitter.com/citiespostcovid>
Note that we are taking steps to manage this event in line with the censure guidance at Guidance on respecting the Censure at https://censureuoft.ca/how-to-censure/#howshould

As we know, the purpose of this censure is not to punish faculty or students - it is the Administration that is under the censure. This means that collaborations are meant to proceed but that certain things, such as events, should be relocated and guests and speakers made aware of the censure. Thus, the conference is being hosted by UCL via Zoom, all speakers have been made aware of the censure, and the conference information includes information about the censure.

We do hope that you are able to join for part or all of the event. Please do share this invitation with others who might be interested. In addition do Tweet. CitiesAfterCovid and the role of information/ICT– a conference opportunity 9 & 10 September. *Please do register for the conference at Eventbrite*https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cities-after-covid-tickets-168854637767 <https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cities-after-covid-tickets-168854637767> #Covid-19 #ICT]