[Commlist] Call for Abstracts: Media Law & Policy Scholars Conference

Wed Aug 18 08:39:45 GMT 2021

  MLPSC 2022: Call for Abstracts

We invite you to submit an abstract for the Media Law & Policy Scholars Conference (MLPSC 2021), which will take place online on January 13 & 14, 2022.

MLPSC is not like other big conferences you may normally attend. It is an interdisciplinary, paper workshop. The goal is to provide advice and support for works-in-progress – to deepen their intellectual and theoretical impact. We interpret media law and policy broadly, welcoming scholars from around the world who study free speech, free press, access to information, intellectual property, data privacy, emerging technologies and other related law and policy issues from a variety of theoretical perspectives and methodologies. Our goal is to include scholars and practitioners from law, journalism & communication, philosophy, political science, information systems, sociology, history, business and myriad other disciplines.

The MLPSC format pays tribute to the intellectually engaging and rewarding experiences we have had at conferences like We Robot, Privacy Law Scholars Conference and the Law & Society Association. At MLPSC, authors do not present their papers. A discussant introduces and leads discussion on the paper. Everyone responds in a dialogue about the work. We don’t convene panels or have other “talking head” sessions – everyone gets to contribute to a robust and intellectually engaging conversation intended to help authors move their papers forward and to spur research ideas and questions for further study.

*SUBMITTING AN ABSTRACT*

Should you wish to have your paper considered for workshopping, please submit an abstract of no more than 1000 words, including a title, by Sept. 3, 2021. In addition please submit a separate cover sheet with your name, title, affiliation and contact information. You should submit your abstract as a Microsoft Word file so that we can ensure blind peer review. We will announce accepted abstracts on September 20, 2021.

More information can be found at https://mlpsc.org/ <https://mlpsc.org/>