[Commlist] Practical Autumn School on Disrupted Ethnography 2021

Tue Aug 03 12:27:06 GMT 2021

CALL EXTENDED - Practical *Autumn School* on *Disrupted Ethnography* 2021 – August 15
October 21/22, 2021, in Bochum, Germany & online (hybrid)
*NEW application deadline: August 15, 2021*

with Jignesh Patel, Ramyata Limbu, Mariam Barghouti & Mosa'ab Elshamy // Keynote by Dominic Boyer

we are pleased to announce and invite you to our**practical *Autumn School *titled „*Disrupted Ethnography - *Building Trust, Telling Stories, Unpacking Concepts and Reporting from Within", taking place on *October 20/**21, 202**1**, *both at the *Ruhr-University Bochum, Germany *and *online*.

Check out our website (https://disrupted-ethnography.org/ <https://disrupted-ethnography.org/>) to find more information regarding the four workshops and the application process.

We invite advanced *Master students, doctoral and postdoctoral researchers* as well as *media practitioners, journalists, and activists* to apply, *deadline is August 15, 2021* (anywhere on earth).

Together, we want to *dismantle challenges of ethnographic fieldwork* related to *disruption* such as travel restrictions, gaining and maintaining field access, finding contacts and forging cooperation, as well as ethical questions of representation of social life and scenes of conflict and injustice.

Participation is *free of charge.*

-