[Commlist] 12-month Lecturer in Digital Media, UEA

Mon Jul 19 18:03:57 GMT 2021

UEA has a one-year full-time lecturing post currently advertised for suitable interested candidates here at UEA, Norwich. Come and join us!

Lecturer in Digital Media

Deadline: 12 August

Further information: https://myview.uea.ac.uk/webrecruitment/pages/vacancy.jsf?latest=01008014 <https://myview.uea.ac.uk/webrecruitment/pages/vacancy.jsf?latest=01008014>

+++

FACULTY OF ARTS AND HUMANITIES
SCHOOL OF ART, MEDIA AND AMERICAN STUDIES

Lecturer in Digital Media

Ref: ATS1052
£33,797 to £40,322 per annum

The School of Art Media and American Studies is looking to appoint a Lecturer in Digital Media for a period of 1 year to work with the Film, TV and Media Team in delivering high quality teaching to our students.

You will need to have an enthusiasm for working with students and be able to meet all the essential criteria from the Person specification. In addition, it would be advantageous if you were able to cover cultural theory and/or audience studies in addition to digital media.

The School is a vibrant interdisciplinary community which brings together expertise in world arts and heritage; in British and global film and television; and in media and culture. We also explore the literature, history and politics of the United States and the Atlantic and Pacific worlds.

As part of the application process, applicants are asked to include a 5-minute video of themselves giving a short mini-lecture suitable for first-year undergraduate students with the title: “An Introduction to Media Industries”. You can either upload your video to YouTube or a similar site and provide the link, send the file via We Transfer or similar file sending services. Please send your preferred option to: (deborah.graver /at/ uea.ac.uk)

We strongly encourage applicants from women and all those from Black, Asian or other minority ethnic backgrounds and particularly welcome applications from all protected groups as defined by the Equality Act 2010. Appointment will be made on merit.

Closing date:  12 August 2021

The University is a Silver Athena Swan Award holder.