[Commlist] Tripodos 50: Gender and Media published

Fri Jul 09 08:16:47 GMT 2021

Tripodos No. 50: Gender and Media

Tripodos <www.tripodos.com <http://www.tripodos.com>> has just published its latest issue (No. 50) on Gender and Media. We invite you to review the Table of Contents here and then visit our website to review articles and items of interest.
All articles are available and free of charge on our website.

No. 50 (2021): Gender and Media

<http://www.tripodos.com/index.php/Facultat_Comunicacio_Blanquerna/issue/view/27 <http://www.tripodos.com/index.php/Facultat_Comunicacio_Blanquerna/issue/view/27>>

Research for Countering Uncertainty
Josep-Lluís Micó

Gender Editor and Youth Editor: Two New Initiatives at Tripodos
Miriam Diez-Bosch

Monograph

Luxury Fashion Brands and Women: A Comparative Analysis between Brands and Consumers on Instagram
Marta Mensa, Tao (Tony) Deng

‘Difference Is the One Thing That We Have in Common’. A Photovoice Exploration of Fans Articulating Fair Representation in Netflix’s ‘Sense8’
Chiara Modugno, Tonny Krijnen

Gender Blindness on Turkish Children’s Televisions
Zeynep Gultekin-Akcay

The ‘New Normal’ and Gendered Violence in Nigerian Film Space
Bassey Nsa Ekpe, Joseph Akpabio

Towards a Critical Understanding of Social Networks for the Feminist Movement: Twitter and the Women’s Strike
Dafne Calvo, Eva Campos-Domínguez, Iris Simón-Astudillo

Sari, Femininity, and Wall Art: A Semiotic Study of GuessWho’s Street Art in Bengaluru
Benson Rajan

Mediated Representations of Violence Against Women
Viktorija Car, Barbara Ravbar

While ‘Gramming’ a Wedding in India: Media and the Reproduction of a ‘Bridal Femininity’
Athira B.K.

The Perception of Lima Women about the Representation of ‘Real Woman’ in the Advertising Discourse of Beauty and Feminine Care Products
Ximena Alomía, Francisco Arbaiza

Stereotypes and Sexualization of Girls and Adolescent Girls in Chilean Advertising: A Case Study
Rayén Condeza-Dall'Orso, Pablo Matus, Enrique Vergara-Leighton