[Commlist] Lecturer (Academic) in Media Production (Fixed-Term) - Bournemouth University

Thu May 06 11:12:28 GMT 2021

https://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/lecturer-academic-media-production-fixed-term

Key information

Salary:
Starting salary from £34,804 – £40,322 per annum with further progression opportunities to £44,045

Date advertised:
Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Closing date:
Wednesday, June 2, 2021 - midnight

Please quote reference:
FMC229

Bournemouth University’s vision is worldwide recognition as a leading university for inspiring learning, advancing knowledge and enriching society through the fusion of education, research and practice. Our highly skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross-section of the globe, who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences that help to build our global learning community.

The Faculty of Media and Communication at Bournemouth University is one of the largest of its kind in the world and has a global reputation for combining research and teaching practice. The Faculty has an enviable reputation for media production and has developed a popular and successful suite of media production programmes at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels

As a Lecturer in Media Production, you will be able to share in-depth current knowledge of the contemporary media production landscape, as well as an industry realistic understanding of the skills needed by the next generation of content makers. With experience in the production of professional film and/or broadcast television you will be able to enthuse and guide students as they develop within a highly collaborative production environment. We particularly welcome applicants with camera and lighting and/or directing experience.

Enthusiastic about active student-centred pedagogy, you will contribute to education delivery, including programme management as required, across the range of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.

You will also make a significant contribution to employability and help to further enhance the department’s professional networks.

You will be qualified to Doctorate level or be able to demonstrate the ability to create and disseminate knowledge at an equivalent level and the capability to convert this knowledge into a doctorate in a maximum of 3-5 years from the date of appointment. You will be research active and committed to a culture of academic excellence and continuous improvement.

This post is available on a fixed-term basis for 12 months.

For further information and discussion or the opportunity for an informal visit, please contact Dr Ashley Woodfall, Head of Department – Media Production by email at (awoodfall /at/ bournemouth.ac.uk).

BU values and is committed to an inclusive working environment. We seek a diverse community through attracting, developing and retaining staff from different backgrounds to contribute to inspirational learning, advancing knowledge and enriching society. To support and enable our staff to achieve a balance between work and their personal lives, we will also consider proposals for flexible working or job share arrangements.