[Commlist] Job opportunities at Edinburgh Napier University

Thu Apr 22 13:09:35 GMT 2021

Recent job opportunities at Edinburgh Napier University:

Please find more details at this link:

https://www.jobs.ac.uk/enhanced/linking/edinburgh-napier-university-school-of-arts-and-creative-industries-apr-2021/
+++

Edinburgh Napier University
School of Arts and Creative Industries

Edinburgh Napier University’s School of Arts and Creative Industries is an internationally recognised centre of excellence for delivering teaching and learning in the creative sector. We achieved 94% in the last NSS, and we are number one in the UK for Film Production and Photography, and in the top ten for Media & Film Studies, Design and Music (Sunday Times and Guardian League Tables). We are committed to collaborative interdisciplinary working between our three key subject disciplines:

    Screen and Performing Arts
    Art, Design & Photography
    Media and Humanities

Our mission is to unlock innovation and growth, nurture talent and opportunities for collaboration, and enable graduates and staff to develop sustainable careers in tomorrow’s creative and connected communities.

We responded well to the challenges of Covid-19, continuing to deliver face-to-face teaching and supporting our students to achieve. We have continued to build on our successes, so can now roll out ambitious plans to build on our strong national and international reputation, to expand and develop further. We will be growing student numbers from 2021 and are looking to increase income, grant applications and build further on our strong REF submission. We are therefore looking to recruit new staff to all areas of the School who can join us in achieving our ambitious plans for the future.

Our School delivers applied learning where research informs practice, and professionalism is nurtured and developed. We work closely with our industry partners to ensure our students are ready for the world of work. Our graduates are highly valued alumni, many of whom go on to win awards and change industry practice.

Research in our School is multi-disciplinary, another feature of our School collaborative working culture. Our research informs our teaching and we will be delivering in four units of assessment for the REF. You will join a vibrant international, interprofessional community of established and early career researchers, which includes an ever-growing number of PhD students. New colleagues who join our team have an opportunity to link in and join existing research groups and are also supported to grow new research partnerships in their areas of interest, in line with School research and enterprise priorities.

Collaboration and partnership are key features of our School culture. Externally, we continually network with our partner stakeholders, including: the BBC, ITV, the 12 Edinburgh Festivals, Creative Scotland, and many others. All our students undergo work placements and benefit from the growth in the creative sector, especially screen, in Edinburgh and beyond.

The School and University is committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the best staff and looks forward to welcoming enthusiastic colleagues to the team.

    Lecturer in Film
    Associate Professor in Film
    Lecturer in Graphic Design
    Lecturers in Acting, Voice and Screen Acting
    Technician, Film and Journalism
    Lecturers in Design
    Lecturer, Advertising and Public Relations
    Lecturer in Screenwriting and Development
    Lecturer in Journalism
    Lecturer in Creative Writing
    Lecturer in English
    Lecturer in Music