[Commlist] Data Then and Now seminar series 2021

Sat Apr 03 21:00:21 GMT 2021

We're pleased to announce the details for our final three speakers in the Data Then and Now seminar series at the University of Washington. Detailed announcements for each event will follow closer to their dates.

The Zoom webinars are open to all.

Ramon Amaro

/Machine Learning, Sociogeny and the Substance of Race/

May 5, 2021 1:00-2:00pm (PDT)

Abstract and bio: https://escience.washington.edu/events/data-then-and-now-ramon-amaro/ <https://escience.washington.edu/events/data-then-and-now-ramon-amaro/>

Zoom registration: https://tinyurl.com/DTNAmaro <https://tinyurl.com/DTNAmaro>

Louise Amoore

/Cloud Ethics: Algorithms and the Attributes of Ourselves and Others/

May 13, 2021 10:00-11:00am (PDT)

Abstract and bio: https://escience.washington.edu/events/data-then-and-now-louise-amoore/ <https://escience.washington.edu/events/data-then-and-now-louise-amoore/>

Zoom registration: https://tinyurl.com/DTNAmooreL <https://tinyurl.com/DTNAmooreL>

Tahu Kukutai

/Indigenous Data Sovereignty/

May 27, 2021 12:00-1:00pm (PDT)

Abstract and bio: https://escience.washington.edu/events/data-then-and-now-tahu-kukutai/ <https://escience.washington.edu/events/data-then-and-now-tahu-kukutai/>

Zoom registration: https://tinyurl.com/DTNKukutai <https://tinyurl.com/DTNKukutai>

/The Data Then and Now speaker series explores the social and organizational history of data and  data practices in order to better understand the current data-intensive moment through its antecedents and continuities.
/