[Commlist] cfp International Design and Cinema Symposium

Tue Mar 30 20:31:46 GMT 2021

CFP
International Design and Cinema Symposium
17-18 June 2021.

Design and cinema relations are among the research topics that have been examined in academic studies in recent years. It is known that the concept of design is a concept with extensive implications, that it develops in intensive interaction with the field of aesthetics-art, and that cinema, as one of the effective fields of art, has its own design features. The concept of design in cinema includes many phenomena in itself, from the script of the movie, to the use of music and sound, acting performance, camera movements, camera angles, stage-set designs and post-production stages. It is known that film production cannot be realized without a certain design-design act. The aim of our symposium is to create an academic discussion platform that deals with all aspects of the relations between design and cinema and to bring continuity to these discussions.

In this context, our symposium plans to examine the relationship between design and cinema under the following topics:

  * Design and Cinematic Imaginary
  * Concept Design and Storyboards
  * Costume and Make-Up Design
  * Set Design
  * Lighting Design
  * Sound Design
  * Politics of Design
  * Design and Cinematic Time and Space
  * Forms of Space and Time
  * Space Configuration and Design Choices
  * Design and Narrative Forms
  * Design and Signification Process
  * Design andMise-en-scène
  * Design and Special Effects (SFX)
  * Architectural Design and Cinema
  * Interior Design and Cinema
  * Film Production Design
  * Design and Opening and Closing Credits
  * Film Title Design
  * Graphic Design and Cinema
  * Design and Cinematography
  * Design, Cinema and Legal Issues

For detailed information and updates:
http://dcs.ege.edu.tr/

The languages of our symposium are Turkish and English.This year our symposium will be held online due to the pandemic. The deadline for submission of the abstract isApril 16, 2021. Accepted abstracts will be included in the ‘Abstracts e-Book’, and full texts in ‘Symposium Proceedings e-Book’with an ISBN number.

We wish that it will be a groundbraking symposium in the fields of design and cinema.