[Commlist] Sound, Art and Media CFP

Wed Mar 17 14:41:50 GMT 2021

*SOUND, ART AND MEDIA*

Online meeting | Online sound art exhibition

**

Guest speakers

*JANA WINDEREN AND PETER CUSACK*

**

*NEW DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: March 24, 2021*

*http://www.audire.pt/online-meeting-sound-arts-and-media/presentation/ <http://www.audire.pt/online-meeting-sound-arts-and-media/presentation/> *

Sound is a physical vibration that informs our daily experience. And it is a language through which we gather information about our own rational and emotional experience. Sound is connection and relation; it completes space, it expresses flux, and it embodies time.

By organising this online meeting, we invite researchers, professionals, students and artists to discuss the meaning and power of sound for communication. How does sound impact the way we see the world? Can sound art promote engaged and active listening? How relevant is sound within a visual media culture?

The 4-hour programme will include a plenary conference (a dialogue between Jana Winderen and Peter Cusack) and parallel sessions, all in a _remoted format_. Participants may submit proposals for scientific presentations (see http://www.audire.pt/online-meeting-sound-arts-and-media/call-for-papers/ <http://www.audire.pt/online-meeting-sound-arts-and-media/call-for-papers/>) on the following topics:

-Sound art

-Soundscape

-Soundwalking

-Aural experience

-Acoustic ecology

-Sound and journalism

-Sound branding

-Aural architecture

-Environmental acoustics

-Ecoacoustics

-Bioacoustics

-Psychoacoustics

-Audio technology

-Sound and cinema

Artistic sound works can also be submitted to be exhibited online. See http://www.audire.pt/online-meeting-sound-arts-and-media/call-for-works/ <http://www.audire.pt/online-meeting-sound-arts-and-media/call-for-works/>

Registration (10 €) is required for participants presenting a paper and / or needing a certificate.

Working language: ENGLISH

This online meeting is organised by the “Audire: saving sonic-based memories” project and the Sopcom Radio and Audio Media Working Group.