[Commlist] Online CES Summer Schhol | Technology, Big Data and International Relations | 28 June - 2 July 2021

Mon Mar 01 19:30:40 GMT 2021

Applications for our CES Summer School on *"Technology, Big Data and International Relations" *are now open.

Drawing on different interdisciplinary contributions, this Summer School aims to critically explore the epistemological and methodological possibilities big data and the Internet of things (IoT) bring to IR, while critically questioning how far the technology that allowed the advent of these has been revolutionizing the world we live, and how research in IR is concurrently going through an epistemological, (de)ontological, methodological and ethical shift. For that purpose, it offers a mix of keynote lectures, seminars, group discussions and workshops on theoretical debates, digital methods, and specific areas of IR where theory and digital methods might be critically applied. Check our detailed programme here <https://ces.uc.pt/summerwinterschools/?lang=1&id=28163>.

*Who can apply?*
Applicants should preferably be PhD or MA students, academics, or practitioners in the fields of International Relations, Political Science, Peace and Conflict Studies, Media and Communications, or Social Sciences. Sessions will be presented and discussed in English.

*How to apply?
*Submit online <https://ces.uc.pt/summerwinterschools/?lang=1&id=28163>
- Short CV (2 pages maximum) in English
- Biographical note (300 words maximum) in English
- Motivation statement (300 words maximum) in English

*Relevant dates:
*20th April 2021: Deadline for submitting your application
30th April 2021: Announcement of selected candidates
Until 10th May 2021: Early bird registration and payment
Until 30th May 2021: Regular registration and payment

*Fees*
Early bird fee: 150€
Regular fee: 180€

Check our website for further information: https://ces.uc.pt/summerwinterschools/?lang=1&id=28163 <https://ces.uc.pt/summerwinterschools/?lang=1&id=28163>.