[Commlist] cfp: BledCom 2020 28th International Public Relations Research Symposium

Tue Jan 19 11:07:08 GMT 2021

*BledCom 2021 abstract deadline is February 1, 2021!*

The 28th International Public Relations Research Symposium (BledCom) will be fully digital. The conference will be held on July 2-3, 2021. This year’s theme is: “Public Relations and Public Risk and Crisis Communication.” We are happy to inform you that because of the generosity of our sponsors, which will cover the fee we will need to pay digital providers, we are able to waive the registration fees for BledCom 2021!

We plan to organise virtual classrooms for debates, as well as parallel sessions and plenary sessions organised to accommodate different time-zones. The program will enable synchronous discussions between participants.

As in previous years, this year also you will submit abstracts/panel proposals that will be evaluated and authors informed of the selection in a timely manner. We invite abstracts that are between 500 and 800 words (including title and keywords) with up to 5 references. Please note that as has been the norm in the past, BledCom welcomes all papers that are relevant to public relations and communication management and not just papers that discuss the conference theme.

Please note that the chances of your abstract being accepted are enhanced if you observe the following format in preparing it: Introduction and purpose of the study (and research question if there is one) – helps summarize the purpose and rationale of your study. Literature review – Helps place your work in context with the existing body of knowledge. Methodology – Define the main method used for gathering data including sample size, and state the rationale for using this method. Results and conclusions – Helps summarize the answers to the research questions while also outlining the implications of the results. Also summarize the limitations of the study and offer suggestions for future research. Practical and social implications – Offer the potential implications both for practice and society. Also provide us with 3 to 5 keywords that highlight your study. Abstracts should come as blind copies without author names and affiliations, who are to be identified on a separate cover page. Please use the suggested headings to structure the abstract. A list of literature is not necessary, but if it is provided it is included into the word count.

The presentations will be through short videos and will be meaningfully grouped and discussions arranged immediately afterward. Paper abstracts should be submitted via email to (bledcom /at/ fdv.uni-lj.si) <mailto:(bledcom /at/ fdv.uni-lj.si)> by February 1, 2021. Decisions will be made by March 4, 2021 after peer review. Full papers not exceeding 6.000 words will be due by September 16, 2021 for inclusion in the conference proceedings.