[Commlist] Ring-fenced PhD studentships for Black British students

Thu Oct 01 11:08:58 GMT 2020

There are two ring-fenced PhD studentships for Black British students available via the White Rose Doctoral Training Partnership (https://wrdtp.ac.uk/ <https://wrdtp.ac.uk/>) for 2020/21. Please share this message with eligible applicants.

We welcome applications for these studentships in the Department of Sociological Studies at the University of Sheffield, especially to study with members of our Digital Media and Society team, who have expertise across a range of methodologies and research areas. In particular, our fantastic colleague Dr Ros Williams (https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/socstudies/people/academic-staff/ros-williams <https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/socstudies/people/academic-staff/ros-williams>) welcomes expressions of interest or applications in the areas of race, mixed-ness, health and digital and social media.

If you know of anybody who might be interested in this opportunity, please encourage them to get in touch with Ros at (r.g.williams /at/ sheffield.ac.uk) <mailto:(r.g.williams /at/ sheffield.ac.uk)> to discuss possible research ideas.

Deadline for studentship applications is the end of January 2021. This is a two-stage process, with acceptance onto our departmental PhD programme required before studentship applications can be submitted, so please encourage potential students to get in touch as soon as possible.

Further details on the scheme can be found here: https://wrdtp.ac.uk/studentships/ring-fenced-pathway-awards/