[Commlist] Inscriptions 3, n1: Outsourced! Mediatisation and revolt published

Wed Jan 08 14:37:33 GMT 2020

Inscriptions, an international journal of contemporary thinking on art, philosophy, and psycho-analysis, vol. 3, no. 1, is available Open Access at https://inscriptions.tankebanen.no/

Outsourced! Mediatisation and revolt
Outsourcing is a way to get someone else to act on our behalf. In psycho-analysis the term is also used for instances of exteriorised reception, politics, or belief. This issue of Inscriptions considers cases when such outsourcing is non-subjectivised, i.e. when there is a knowledge "out there," in the Real, but where it is not yet possible to say who it is that believes. Tidhar Nir's essay on the experience of shock in art explores how the ego can be resituated within such knowledges, while Jørgen Veisland proposes a model for how the artistic imagination shields itself from, and yet incorporates, knowledges "in the Real." This "Real" is very much present in the work of our editor Sharif Abdunnur, who explains what it is like to teach in the context of an ongoing revolt in Lebanon. We also present a series of paste-ups and murals by the street artist AFK that bring up complex debates while also giving us a glimpse into the holy.

Open Call for Paper
We invite contributions to our upcoming open issue (vol. 3, no. 2). We are looking for well-crafted and skillfully written scholarly essays and literary fiction (poetry, aphorisms, short stories, fables, literary essays, etc.) that in some way engage our mandate. Submissions are due by 15 March 2020. For submission instructions please see our website.

Open Access, no APCs
Access to content in this journal remains open on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. We do not charge authors for submission or publication.

Inscriptions is published online and in print, and is indexed by, among others, the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ). Our authors include Wolfgang Schirmacher, Siobhan Doyle, Christopher Norris, and Jørgen Veisland.

Our issues are archived electronically and in print by Norway's National Library (link: https://www.nb.no/en/legal-deposit/).

Recent Issues
- Inscriptions 3, no. 1: Outsourced!, January 2020
- Inscriptions 2, no. 2: Kierkegaard, July 2019
- Inscriptions 2, no. 1: The Global Unconscious, January 2019
- Inscriptions 1, no. 1-2: Consecrations, July 2018