Archive for March 2020

[Commlist] The journal Global Media and China Volume 5, Issue 1 published

Thu Mar 26 09:37:50 GMT 2020

We are pleased to announce that our journal Global Media and China has just published its latest issue(Volume 5, Issue 1, March 2020).

And also we sincerely welcome your contribution to our journals. If you are interested and have the time, it is a great honour for us to receive your submission. Here is the submission portal:

https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/gmac. For more information about Global Media and China, please go to gch.sagepub.com <http://gch.sagepub.com/>, you can also find detailed submission guidelines there.

You can freely read this new issue at: http://journals.sagepub.com/toc/gch/current

*Volume 5, Issue 1, March 2020*

*_Original Articles_**__*

**

Lan He, Rongdang Wang, Mingshan Jiang

*Evaluating the effectiveness of China’s nation branding with data from social media***

Ouyang Chen, Sonya Song and Mike Z. Yao

*Brands as a nation: An analysis of overseas media engagement of top Chinese brands***

Donna Chu

*An (un)romantic journey: Authentic performance in a Chinese dating show*

Xiaomeng Li

*How powerful is the female gaze? The implication of using male celebrities for promoting female cosmetics in China*

Kevin Ziyu Liu

*From invisible to visible: Kwai and the hierarchical cultural order of China’s cyberspace*

K Cohen Tan and Shuxin Cheng

*Sang subculture in post-reform China*