[Commlist] CFPosters Postgraduate Research Poster Showcase

Sat Nov 23 18:01:13 GMT 2019

*Call for Posters: BAFTSS Postgraduate Research Poster Showcase 2020: Rethinking Screen Cultures Conference at the University of St Andrews. 16-18 April 2020*

The BAFTSS Executive Committee would like to invite postgraduate members to showcase their doctoral research during the BAFTSS 2020conference onRethinking Screen Cultures at the University of St Andrews (16-18 April 2020) <https://www.baftss.org/conf-2019>.  We will host a display of research posters in a central space at the conference, and offer a prize of £100 to the research poster that is considered to be most successful by the conference delegates. Our aim is to provide a structured yet comfortable forum for scholarly exchange, while promoting the visibility of the research being conducted within our postgraduate community.

*Guidelines: *The key to a successful poster is to distill your research into brief text and a clear design that will spark the interest of conference delegates and facilitate conversation with them.  We are looking for a snapshot of your research that engages an audience with the broad lines rather than the forensic detail of your arguments. We are looking for a good balance between text and visuals, and want your poster to be the platform for further discussion with delegates inspired to find out more about your work.  Please see some examples of successful research posters <https://29fa98f6-1809-488b-a9ec-9a5b9d0f4b6e.filesusr.com/ugd/27b2ad_b9819994e05a41d290264e97c87d0e53.pdf> and the recipient of the BAFTSS 2019 Research Poster Competition Award <https://29fa98f6-1809-488b-a9ec-9a5b9d0f4b6e.filesusr.com/ugd/27b2ad_028cdb1eaf234d46ba56348c21f8a872.pdf> on our website.

*Closing date:* *Monday 10^th February 2020.*

Please submit a draft of your poster as an attachment (in PDF format) in the first instance to the BAFTSS Acting Secretary Dr Liz Watkins ( (e.i.watkins /at/ leeds.ac.uk) <mailto:(e.i.watkins /at/ leeds.ac.uk)> ) Please include the following details on your poster: your name, University affiliation and email address.

*Accepted Poster Presentations: Monday 24^th February 2020.* Presenters whose posters are selected for display at the BAFTSS conference will be notified by 24^th February 2020.

*Submission of final poster designs: Monday 30^th March 2020.* Those presenters whose poster is selected for display at the conference will need to submit their final design as a PowerPoint Slide or Tiff File to Dr Liz Watkins ((e.i.watkins /at/ leeds.ac.uk) <mailto:(e.i.watkins /at/ leeds.ac.uk)> ) no later than Monday 30^th March 2020

The poster will be printed and displayed at A2 size; it can be formatted as either portrait or landscape. The poster will be printed in colour, unless you specify otherwise.

*PLEASE NOTE:**the main BAFTSS conference deadline for research paper abstracts and panel proposals is 16th December 2019. Research Poster Proposals can be submitted after this date and up until 10^th February 2020.*

*Further information on Poster Presentations:* There are some notes on poster presentations on the BAFTSS website <https://29fa98f6-1809-488b-a9ec-9a5b9d0f4b6e.filesusr.com/ugd/27b2ad_660b103f80304b769535bcf874772ed0.pdf>