[Previous message][Next message][Back to index]
[Commlist] Job for Public Affairs Advisor at Voice of the Listener and Viewer
Tue Apr 23 21:45:14 GMT 2019
More details here
*Public Affairs Advisor – VLV – April 2019***
Voice of the Listener & Viewer is a charity which represents citizen
interests in broadcasting policy in the UK. We strive to promote and
maintain diversity and plurality in public service broadcasting in order
to maintain local and national democracy, our cultural and democratic
traditions. We promote the broadcasting of first-rate programmes that
meet the demands of listeners and viewers for more high quality content
than the market can provide.
*The Role:*This is a freelance home-based role for someone who is
self-motivated and keen to make a difference to UK broadcasting.
The public affairs advisor will advise VLV on policy issues in
broadcasting and prepare VLV’s written submissions to consultations and
responses to reports. You will engage with Parliamentarians, civil
servants, regulators, broadcasters, stakeholders and policymakers to
ensure that citizen issues are taken into account when broadcasting
policy is developed and implemented.
You will work with VLV’s administrator, who is based in Ebbsfleet in
Kent, to ensure that VLV effectively communicates its messages and its
public profile is maintained. You will help VLV’s Chairman and Trustees
produce engaging events which highlight citizen interests in
broadcasting. You will also work with the VLV board to support them in
their goal to increase VLV’s funding base.
*Freelance Contract:*Initial contract May 2019 – 31 December 2019 with
the potential to extend. 2-3 days per week.
*Remuneration:*Competitive. Dependent on experience.
*Closing date: *29 April 2019**
* Develop VLV’s policy response to the agenda of Government,
regulators, broadcasters and others
* Monitor and analyse the wider UK political and regulatory
environment as it relates to broadcasting
* Prepare policy briefings and responses to reports and consultations
from industry regulators, Select Committees, DCMS etc
* Attend industry events to engage with other stakeholders,
policymakers and those in industry.
* Engage with policymakers in Government, regulators, think-tanks and
industry. Engage with Parliamentarians when necessary to brief them
on public service broadcasting issues.
* Engage with stakeholders and other civil society organisations which
have similar interests to VLV to build partnerships when appropriate.
*_VLV Promotion & Fundraising_*
* Develop and implement strategies and campaigns to increase VLV’s
reach and impact
* Explore potential extra sources of funding for VLV from Trusts and
Foundations, sponsorship, VLV’s industry fund, replacing expenditure
with services in kind, increasing VLV membership and attendance at
VLV paid events. *__*
* Identify suitable contributors for VLV’s website, newsletters or
* Draft copy for VLV external communications including website and VLV
* Edit and layout the VLV print bulletin using Microsoft Publisher and
draft necessary articles/text
* Draft promotional emails for VLV conferences and events
* Post on social media platforms in the run up to events and to
promote VLV policy positions
* Co-ordinate press at VLV events with VLV Chairman
* Manage VLV’s social media platforms
* Prepare powerpoint slides and production script for all VLV events.
* Co-ordinate with VLV Administrator to ensure logistics are in place
* Suggest and help to engage speakers, chairs and contributors for events
* Brief speakers as required
*KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE*
* Experience of work in a similar or related field within industry,
the government or regulatory sector, or a professional consultancy.
* Proven research and writing skills, strong analytical approach, and
good professional judgement.
* Of managing diverse working relationships (you will need to work
with voluntary Trustees, with a voluntary chair, with industry
professionals, with VLV members and with a staff colleague)
* Event production
* Ability to multi-task
* Excellent time management
* Excellent written and spoken English
* Able to think strategically and deliver a target
* Of marketing and promotions
* Of the world of UK broadcasting
* Of word processing, website management, social media
* Of raising funds, finding sponsors (in a voluntary or professional
* If you would like to know more or would like to discuss this role
please *email Sophie Chalk: (sophie.chalk /at/ btinternet.com). ***
This mailing list is a free service offered by Nico Carpentier. Please use it responsibly and wisely.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, please visit http://commlist.org/
Before sending a posting request, please always read the guidelines at http://commlist.org/
To contact the mailing list manager:
Email: (nico.carpentier /at/ vub.ac.be)
[Previous message][Next message][Back to index]