[Commlist] CFP, Chinese DiGRA 2019

Wed Mar 06 13:06:26 GMT 2019

Papers are invited for the 6th annual Chinese DiGRA (Chinese chapter of the Digital Game Research Association) Conference, to be held at Beijing Normal University (Beijing, China) August 17-18th, 2019. We are honored to have the digital media department of BNU as our collaborator to jointly host this annual event, and to vitalize game related researches in Chinese-Speaking Region. For the Chinese Version of CFP, please come to http://www.chinesedigra.org/conferences/chinese-digra-2019/.

We invite submissions on any aspect of Chinese games, game industries, game design and gaming cultures. We also invite submissions from people located in the Chinese-speaking region who are researching any aspect of games. Topics may include, but are not limited to:

*Games and History/Digital Preservation*

  * History of digital games and their influence in China; History of
    the digital game industry;
  * How digital games as a form of media reflect, construct, and
    reconstruct history;
  * Historical Game Studies, or the development of historical research
    on games;
  * The possibilities for historical narratives on games, whether
    expressed in scholarly writing, exhibitions, journalism, public
    projects, historical games or other means;
  * Digital Preservation or game/gamification related practice in
    museums, libraries, art galleries and so on;

*Gamification/Functional game/Game literacy*

  * Social Impact of digital games, how can digital games
    influence/shape society;
  * Practical and theoretical work on Gamification, Serious
    Games/Education Games;
  * Mediation and Remediation /Presentation and Representation of
    traditional culture through games;
  * Game Literacy or the public awareness of game’s social impact;

*Digital games Research in Dialogue*

  * Representation, diversity and inclusiveness in ‘Chinese’ games and
    game (development/play) cultures
  * The Chinese game industries and their future possibilities/weaknesses
  * Critical analysis of the Chinese game industries
  * Gaming and production cultures in specific ‘Chinese’ regions
  * Analyses of game design and development traditions and practices in
    the region
  * Specificities regarding computer games within Chinese cross-media
    environments
  * Computer games and playability in the context of interactive art and
    creative media
  * Government policy on production and consumption of games

*The Chinese DiGRA conference facilitates networking amongst game scholars working in the Chinese-speaking region. Therefore, apart from the above topics we also encourage submissions from scholars located in the Chinese-speaking region working on any aspect of game research.

We are inviting two types of submissions:

  * *Research presentations*: Please submit a maximum 1000 word extended
    abstract, detailing your name, title,and affiliation.
  * *Panels: *Please submit a 500 word description of the panel,
    including a brief discussion of the relevance and importance of the
    topic together with short biographies of confirmed panel members. We
    would particularly welcome panels that bring together industry and
    academia to discuss issues of common concern.

No conference fee will be charged. Meals and refreshments will be provided free of charge during the conference. However, due to the limited budget, we currently have no travel stipend plan.

*/Important Dates/*

April 1st: Deadline for Submission

April 20th: Decisions announced

July 15th: Conference registration opens

August 17th-18th: Conference, Beijing Normal University.

*/How to submit/**
*Please email a pdf version of a maximum 1000-word (excluding references) extended abstract in English only no later than *March 20th, 2019 *(toCDiGRA2019 /at/ hotmail.com) <mailto:(CDiGRA2019 /at/ hotmail.com)>. Please make sure to use the Chinese DiGRA 2019 Extended Abstract Template <http://www.chinesedigra.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/CDiGRA_Submission_Template_2019.doc>  to format your extended abstract. Extended abstracts will be selected by the organizing committee based on their academic rigor and relevance to the themes of the conference. Note that the extended abstracts do not need to be anonymous. Please also make sure to include your full name, title and affiliation.If you are from Hong Kong, Macau or Taiwan, please include both your Chinese and English names.

Notifications of acceptance will be sent by April 20th. Accepted authors will have an opportunity to submit their extended abstracts for inclusion in the DiGRA Digital Library. We are also negotiating with the Tsinghua University Press for the potential to publish a selected conference proceeding afterwards. We realize that many of our attendees are not native English speakers but believe that using English(es) as the conference language helps foster cohesion and better interaction during the conference, and strengthens Chinese DiGRA as a community. For questions regarding paper submission and the topics of the conference, or for questions on the conference, please contact (CDiGRA2019 /at/ hotmail.com) <mailto:(CDiGRA2019 /at/ hotmail.com)>.

*/Organization description and history/*

Chinese DiGRA is a regional chapter of DiGRA (Digital Games Research Association) focusing on game research relevant to Chinese speaking countries and the surrounding regions. Chinese DiGRA aims to enhance the quality, quantity, and international profile of games research in the Chinese-speaking context, by developing a network of game scholars and researchers working in the Chinese-speaking world and/or on aspects of Chinese games and gaming cultures, forging links between academic and professional researchers on games, supporting teaching and PhD development in the region, and disseminating and promoting Chinese game scholarship around the world. Chinese DiGRA is run by a board comprised of top academics in the fields of Chinese games research from Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan. You can find more information on Chinese DiGRA, including papers from previous conferences, at our website <http://www.chinesedigra.org/>.

*/Keynote speakers:/*

Dr. Adam Chapman, University of Gothenburg

TBD

*/Organising committee of Chinese DiGRA 2019 Conference/**
*Felania Mengfei Liu, History Department, Tsinghua University((liumf14 /at/ tsinghua.edu.cn) <mailto:(liumf14 /at/ tsinghua.edu.cn)>)

Dr. HE Wei, Department of Digital Media, Beijing Normal University((hw /at/ bnu.edu.cn) <mailto:(hw /at/ bnu.edu.cn)>)