Archive for April 2019

[Commlist] Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Digital Media

Thu Apr 11 19:19:23 GMT 2019

*Job Posting for a Continuing Position as Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in Digital Media in the School of Communication and Arts at the University of Queensland in Brisbane, Australia*

The School of Communication and Arts at The University of Queensland, Australia is advertising a continuing Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Digital Media. This is a continuing teaching and research academic appointment (equivalent to Assistant Professor/Associate Professor).

**

 See the full job ad here: http://jobs.uq.edu.au/caw/en/job/505313/lecturersenior-lecturer-in-digital-media

Applications are due 19 April 11.55pm Australian Eastern Standard Time.

We are seeking a colleague in Communication and Digital Media to collaborate in teaching and research that responds critically to contemporary media cultures and industries characterised by the emergence of media platforms, the ubiquity of data collection and analysis, and the accelerating use of machine learning and artificial intelligence.

The candidate will join us at a critical juncture, playing a crucial role in shaping the nature and scope of our growing programs, namely the Digital Media major within the Bachelor of Communication.

We are looking for someone whose teaching and research speaks to and investigates the intersection between the practice and the critical theorization of digital media. UQ’s Bachelor of Communication heavily emphasises the exchanges between theory and practice, between thinking and doing, and between critiquing digital culture and seeing oneself as an active participant and shaper of that culture.

We’re particularly interested to hear from candidates whose work engages with computational methods, data visualisation, data analytics, and/or data cultures. We’re open to applications from scholars across humanities, social sciences, media and cultural studies, digital humanities, digital rhetoric, design, computer and data science and/or other relevant backgrounds.