Archive for April 2019

[Commlist] Somatechnics Latest Issue: 'Promises of Monsters'

Tue Apr 09 14:11:16 GMT 2019

I’m pleased to announce that /Somatechnics /has recently expanded its Editorial Board: https://www.euppublishing.com/loi/soma?widget=journaleditorialboard#de6dc34d-c714-4ed7-8457-32996500e695-b6de7b7c-de82-45a5-9538-313dd15c6659

The most recent issue of the journal, ‘Promises of Monsters’, investigates what the monster offers to our thinking in a range of research practices. Edited by Ingvil Hellstrand, Line Henriksen, Aino-Kaisa Koistinen, Donna McCormack, and Sara Orning, featured contributors include: Margrit Shildrick, Agnieszka Kotwasinska, Ulrika Dahl, Marietta Radomska, Nicola Moffat, and Jeffrey Weinstock.

/Somatechnics /presents a thoroughly multi-disciplinary scholarship on the body, providing a space for research that critically engages with the ethico-political implications of a wide range of practices and techniques. The term ‘somatechnics’ indicates an approach to corporeality which considers it as always already bound up with a variety of technologies, techniques and technics, thus enabling an examination of the lived experiences engendered within a given context, and the effects that technologies, technes and techniques have on embodiment, subjectivity and sociality.

The journal accepts general submissions on an ongoing basis. We are also soliciting special issue proposals. Please contact: *(somatechnicsjournal /at/ gmail.com) <mailto:(somatechnicsjournal /at/ gmail.com)>*